Any ideas for a team name

gameface

Ex-Canucks GM Brian Burke and a group recently tried to move the Tri-City Americans to Chilliwack, in the Fraser Valley of BC. While the orginal move was kiboshed by the WHL owners, the group was awarded an expansion franchise provided they get rid of the Americans.

My question is what do y'all think may be an appropriate name for the team? The BC Junior League currently has a team there called the Chiefs, so scratch that as a name despite the likelihood of that team now moving.

For those unfamiliar with the area, Chilliwack is in the eastern end of the Fraser Valley known primarily for its glorious, sweet corn and smog from Vancouver. I remember Roger Clemente having a Corn jersey some time back.

Any thoughts/ideas?

I think they should name them the "Ers"....

I think the Chiefs will move to New West or Squamish, but the Spokane Chiefs have the rights to the Chiefs name, so scratch that off the list. I would like to see the team called the smog so they can have a cloud raging with a hockey stick-- almost like Guelph's logo, but not as sharp.

I think the Chiefs will move to New West or Squamish, but the Spokane Chiefs have the rights to the Chiefs name, so scratch that off the list. I would like to see the team called the smog so they can have a cloud raging with a hockey stick-- almost like Guelph's logo, but not as sharp.

smog? nah, that name is better suited for city like Los Angeles. Besides, what would you have as a mascot(s)?

lcl_cinar_smoggies3.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

smog? nah, that name is better suited for city like Los Angeles. Besides, what would you have as a mascot(s)?

lcl_cinar_smoggies3.jpg

You must not follow the BCHL much ^_^

smokielogo5.jpg

21 teams... what was the Dub thinking... gah... now they will probably add another in edmonton as the oilers wanted to get another franchise... that would mean 22... they should add Winnipeg get another manitoba team to compete with the wheaties... so that woul dbe 23... now where can they do 24 to even the divisions...lol... but i dont think the talent is there... i really dont... sigh,,,

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

smokielogo5.jpg

Obviously, I don't. What do you expect from a guy from Southern Ontario? :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Not a fan of the name Bruins but Chilliwack makes me giggle!

Just to try to confuse people I would have gone with the Chilliwack Americans. Even though Chilliwack(hehe! love to say that name) is not in the United States of America, it is in NORTH America.

Signature intentionally left blank

smokielogo5.jpg

Obviously, I don't. What do you expect from a guy from Southern Ontario? :P

Well you know so much about everything else. ^_^

Not a fan of the name Bruins but Chilliwack makes me giggle!

Just to try to confuse people I would have gone with the Chilliwack Americans. Even though Chilliwack(hehe! love to say that name) is not in the United States of America, it is in NORTH America.

If Tri-City had moved instead of Chilli getting an expansion franchise, I would have kept the name Americans, too. Just for humour value.

Archived