NY Giants "new" Away jerseys

Joshawaggie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. WOW. these are terrible. I second everyone's sentiments. where is the blue? what was wrong with the previous road jerseys? Waaaay too much red, at least the "ny" wordmark on the chest should be blue.

i just don't get it.

strahan is lined up on a soccer goal line, by the way. go metros!

The absence of blue on the jersey sticks out too much--at least make the middle sleeve stripe blue to match the pants--then they might be okay, but the lack of blue is just too distracting...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Wow. The Giants' unis are getting progressively worse.

They're slowing stating to look like the old Pats' unis.

The old Patriots uniforms might have been a little boring, but they were clean, simple, and fit the team name very well. Simple red, white and blue, before the days of secondary logos and patches everywhere, and you instantly knew which team wore them. You'd never confuse the Pats with the Bills or the Giants.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't get it. Take out the blue except for the helmet and two tiny stripes on the pants. Yet, blue is predominant on the home uniform.

Yeah...that makes sense. :wacko::blink:

Amazing at a few years ago people (not in here, just in general) were asking for the Giants to go back to the NY logo and an original style, and now some are asking for a modernization. I guess be careful what you wish for is the phrase that pays.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

THey actually brought out the new road unis to make the G-Men more of a "blast from the past" team in terms of uniform style. I think the new road unis are awesome.

YOZXkBG.png?1

I am all for a well-done concept that blends modern concepts with a nod to the past, but I think the Giants went too far in their zeal to glorify the past. They took a set they just modified (for the better) a couple of years ago and somehow made them blander by embellishing them.

And how can a team be known popularly as "Big Blue" wear jerseys without a single shred of blue in them? Even the Blue Jays' horrid new unis have a little bit of blue on them (albeit buried beneath graphite and black).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

As i'm sure will be no suprise to anyone.....

...I FU*KIN' LOVE 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new jerseys are exact replicas of those worn by the 1956 NFL Champion Giants. In addition to the large red numerals, the sleeves will include a thick red stripe bordered by two thinner red stripes. It is known as a Northwestern stripe pattern, because the football team at Northwestern is believed to be the first to use it. The Giants wore those jerseys from the mid-1950s through 1963.

My Jints are gonna look great this year as they stomp over the Eagles......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As i'm sure will be no suprise to anyone.....

...I FU*KIN' LOVE 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new jerseys are exact replicas of those worn by the 1956 NFL Champion Giants. In addition to the large red numerals, the sleeves will include a thick red stripe bordered by two thinner red stripes. It is known as a Northwestern stripe pattern, because the football team at Northwestern is believed to be the first to use it. The Giants wore those jerseys from the mid-1950s through 1963.

My Jints are gonna look great this year as they stomp over the Eagles......

I'm gonna try my best to be polite here, so I'll say that your Eagles stomping days are at least 2-3 years down the road.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

02A4991FC0934933AB822AF676542E4B.jpg

I know the picture was done at Giants Stadium, but I do find it odd to see a football player posing on a soccer pitch :D

The Giants should have put a touch of blue in there. Otherwise it's nice.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived