NY Giants "new" Away jerseys

Joshawaggie

And then...oh no...two pairs of pants of the same color. I HATE that. I hate it (two pairs of white) for the Broncos, but at least I understand their need for it (though it could be eliminated). But for the Giants...it's just inexplicable.

Really? Two sets of gray pants? :blink:

I've gone on record professing my hatred of the Giants (yet I am marrying a die-hard Giants fanin 3 weeks - go figure), but I will concede readily that the old uniforms were sweet. I lost a bet the last time the Giants beat the Eagles (God, that seems so long ago... :P ), and I had to get my girl an authentic Strahan gamer. I hated watching Akers blow the chippie FG, and hated buying the jersey, but it looks very professional.

Why they dumped half of their set to take out the trim color that serves to identify them in exchange for stripes on sleeves that don't exist any more, is beyond me.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm a gints fan, but i've got to agree with those that say the team must modernize. especially now that the jets have tied their future to ny while the giants are tying their future to new jersey, the giants should change their name.

how hard would it be to change the "ny" wordmark to "nj" and have it look almost exactly the same? it would look fine. in fact, i humbly request that someone with greater skill than mine (everybody else) please create a "nj" concept for the gints.

moreover, the giants should lose their trademark rights under federal law because their name is geographically misdescriptive. maybe the lawyers in the hizouse can correct me, but you can't trademark a geographically misdescriptive name. and yes, 'misdescriptive' is a word.

eli rules tho.

moreover, the giants should lose their trademark rights under federal law because their name is geographically misdescriptive.

Are you sure?

The metropolitan area of New York City, also called Greater New York or Greater New York City encompasses the New York--Northern New Jersey--Long Island, NY--NJ--CT--PA Consolidated Metropolitan Statistical Area (CMSA). The total population of the New York Metropolitan Area is 21,199,865 (as of 2000).

The metropolitan area includes New York City, most of northern New Jersey, nine counties in New York State, southwestern Connecticut, and a small part of Pennsylvania.

NY Metro Stats

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The New Jersey Giants (and I do stress NEW JERSEY) once again came up short on these uniforms.  They need to completly ditch this retro look becasue it's not woring for them at all. What they wore in the 50s and 60s looks pretty weak to begin with........... The Giants should just scrap this look and go with something modern, something like the Mets would do.  Mix in a little black.  Throw on some fancy new numbers and stripes.  Anything would be better than their awful retro look.  :puke:

comming from a jets fan? remember your team is just as guilty as the jets when it comes to the retro craze. the jets ditched a beutiful logo for a throwback logo that dosnt have anything to do with a jet. the logo from the 60's-1997 would work wonderfully with a modernized version of their current unis, but as it stands now the jets logo and uni set are just as bland as the giants.

The new/old Jets logo is better.

really? the old/new jets logo dosnt have a jet in it at all. it looks old and cluttered. a team named the jets should have a sleek, "fast" looking logo that includes a jet. the logo from the 70's-1997 had all of these things. i'll agree the unis they went to were auful though.

as for the giants, they need to pick one set of grey pants, and fix up the away jersey liek this: exactlyt like the one's they just got rid of, only no blue outline on the #'s. the only blue should be on the collar insert whitch holds the nfl equtment logo. then the home and away unis would match complety: the home with only a little bit of red (in teh collar insert) and the away with very little blue (in teh same place). the alt. red would break the mold, having a red collar insert, but blue outlines around the #'s.

How about the New York Giants of New Jersey? :D I don't like the fact of having two pants almost identical. I agree and see the need for Denver and Atlanta because their stripes tie into their jersey. When are the Giants going to go "retro" to about the late 80's when their unis were 1/2 way normal/decent?

KISSwall09.jpg

i'm a gints fan, but i've got to agree with those that say the team must modernize. especially now that the jets have tied their future to ny while the giants are tying their future to new jersey, the giants should change their name.

how hard would it be to change the "ny" wordmark to "nj" and have it look almost exactly the same? it would look fine. in fact, i humbly request that someone with greater skill than mine (everybody else) please create a "nj" concept for the gints.

moreover, the giants should lose their trademark rights under federal law because their name is geographically misdescriptive. maybe the lawyers in the hizouse can correct me, but you can't trademark a geographically misdescriptive name. and yes, 'misdescriptive' is a word.

eli rules tho.

Like BringbacktheVet said it is not misleading. The Giants play 6 miles from Times Square in New York City. That's a lot closer than a lot of teams play from their cities downtown. It just happens it's across the state border. But New Jersey is part of the NYC metro area. People who live in New Jersey aren't like the people of Orange county and realize that they live in the suburbs and thus don't have a problem with the Jets or Giants going by New Jersey.

But New Jersey is part of the NYC metro area. People who live in New Jersey aren't like the people of Orange county and realize that they live in the suburbs and thus don't have a problem with the Jets or Giants going by New Jersey.

I'm Jersey proud and all, but... NORTH Jersey is part of metro NY. South of I-195, we're part of metro Philadelphia. Which is why the only self-respecting Giants/Devils fan I know around here is my wife. :rolleyes:

But until we in the Southland secede and beat Puerto Rico to become the 51st state, the sig says it all...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

ya mean like this? ;)

NewJerseyGiants.GIF

for the record, i found it at logoserver

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The new jerseys are like the team in a way.

They both suck 

It's OK, we Giants fans can tell you Eagles fans what it's like to WIN a Super Bowl!

(Yes, the Giants are so bad right now that I actually had to use that lame line!)

The new jerseys are like the team in a way.

They both suck 

It's OK, we Giants fans can tell you Eagles fans what it's like to WIN a Super Bowl!

(Yes, the Giants are so bad right now that I actually had to use that lame line!)

At least he admits the Giants suck ^_^

At least he admits the Giants suck 

Oh, sorry, I didn't see you replied. Like Donovan McNabb during a 2 minute drill, I was taking a nap! :D

We had a close family friend who played for the Giants in the 50s and 60s (Jim Katcavage) who became a scout for the Eagles. Needless to say, I was the only Giants AND only Eagles fan in my grade growing up, so I got regular azz beatings.

Scarey thing was I grew up in Fairfield, CT, where the Giants trained for several years and a part of the whole tri-state area, and was STILL the only Giants fan in my class. We're talking the 70s, when the Giants and Jets both blew chunks. Everyone rooted for the Cowboys, Steelers, Vikings, Dolphins and Raiders. There were no Jets fans in my school, and one Pats fan!

Yeah, it's off topic, but I guess I wanted to say "Hi, I'm Tim. I'm new in town."

Archived