2005 NFL Rookies

thefoofighter

Does anyone else hate the WR number rule like I still do so much? I think it looks ridiculous to see Williams and Fitzgerald out catching passes in 11. I mean preseason is one thing but c'mon it just looks amateurish. Receivers should always wear 80's.

I do too. I said in another post, what's to say Maurice Clarett (or others like him) declare himself a WR take 13 and play RB?

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pacman is going to wear #32

jones_jersey_navy.jpg

even though jones is MY last name too, i want one of those with PACMAN on the back, instead of JONES :)

i bet you see those all over titan-land in the next year.

Pacman is going to wear #32

jones_jersey_navy.jpg

even though jones is MY last name too, i want one of those with PACMAN on the back, instead of JONES :)

i bet you see those all over titan-land in the next year.

I think you're right. I was talking with some fellow Titans fans on draft day and a few of them said they planned on ordering "Pacman" customs.

Cedric "The Running Back" Benson will wear....

Benson2_inside042505.jpg

Just kidding. 

Todd Johnson (safety) currently wears 32.  He's on the likely to be cut list, so Benson will more than likely end up with the Big 3-2.  Other options...35 (A-train's old number...probably not a good idea), 38, 28 (both different but could be cool),  and then, no clue.

Benson should take 31 or 39 and follow in the tradition of first round Chicago busts.

Thank god they are currently taken...jerk :P

Try something harder to make fun of then the bears drafts. Lets pick on their QB's next!

By the way Chaz, I'm in the "Should have drafted Mike Williams and JJ Arrington Camp" as well.

Above Lovie Smith, this organization is a mess.

is it really a rule? it seems like a lot of tightends wear numbers in the 60s and 70s too.

Could you name one playing today? I'm drawing a blank on that statement - they're more or less all 80s. Dallas Clark (#44) and Jim Kleinsasser (#40) are TEs who wear numbers in the 40s, there may be more.

Numbers in the 40s would work, but I like BBTV's idea of making the TEs able to go into the 90s better. (Off the record, I like the sentiment of BBTV's name even more. The Neighborhood of Stadiums Named for Banks in South Philly is nice, but I grew up at the Vet & the Spectrum, and they were more than fine.)

How I missed the Pillsbury Throwboy and Heath Shuler, I'll never know. Nice call.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Heath Shuler wore 20 at Tennessee

Heath actually wore #21...just for clarification.

Exactly what number did the great Tennessee QB, Heath Shuler, wear in the NFL? His career was so short, I can barely recall. :P

6uXNWAo.png

Cedric "The Running Back" Benson will wear....

Benson2_inside042505.jpg

Just kidding.

Todd Johnson (safety) currently wears 32. He's on the likely to be cut list, so Benson will more than likely end up with the Big 3-2. Other options...35 (A-train's old number...probably not a good idea), 38, 28 (both different but could be cool), and then, no clue.

I came across this regarding Benson's number in Chicago.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/chalkTalk.jsp?id=7986

6uXNWAo.png

Exactly what number did the great Tennessee QB, Heath Shuler, wear in the NFL? His career was so short, I can barely recall. :P

If I'm not mistaken, he wore 5 with the Skins.

I could have told you that. I was just attempting to take a shot at FeenVol.

6uXNWAo.png

Could you name one playing today? I'm drawing a blank on that statement - they're more or less all 80s.

Yeah i went looking, i can't find any either. I guess i was thinking of the 40s too. I don't know it seems like i used to see them in the 60s and 70s too but perhaps i was just seeing things.

I could have told you that. I was just attempting to take a shot at FeenVol.

No, here's a shot at FeenVol: Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer.

I'd like to see the NFLs uniform numbering system reworked for WRs and TEs. Last year it seemed like every WR drafted ended up wearing #11 or some other teen number, and this year is looking the same. Randy Moss and Plaxico Burress are also going with teen numbers after joining their new teams. I'd like to see WRs go back to always having numbers in the 80s. For some reason it just seems right.

Here's the system I propose:

1-19 Quarterbacks and Kickers

20-49 Running Backs and Defensive Backs

40-49 Running Backs, Defensive Backs and Tight Ends

50-59 Centers and Linebackers

60-79 Defensive Linemen and Offensive Linemen

80-89 Wide Receivers

90-99 Defensive Linemen and Linebackers

6uXNWAo.png

i'd like to see everyone wear whatever number they want.....

if the only difference you can see between an offensive lineman and a wide reciever is their number, then you've got bigger problems than worrying about who's an eligable reciever or not :)

Does anyone else hate the WR number rule like I still do so much? I think it looks ridiculous to see Williams and Fitzgerald out catching passes in 11. I mean preseason is one thing but c'mon it just looks amateurish. Receivers should always wear 80's.

Actually, I (and probably a few others) grew up with some great receivers wearing low numbers (Lance Alworth #19, Randy Vataha #18, etc.) and I think they look great. But, if you're not used to it, it probably looks odd. No need to go to all that trouble making a new numbering system though - the NFL is already uni-anal enough.

Archived