2005 NFL Rookies

thefoofighter

Heath Shuler wore 20 at Tennessee

Heath actually wore #21...just for clarification.

Exactly what number did the great Tennessee QB, Heath Shuler, wear in the NFL? His career was so short, I can barely recall. :P

If I'm not mistaken, he wore 5 with the Skins.

I could have told you that. I was just attempting to take a shot at FeenVol.

No, here's a shot at FeenVol: Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer.

If I knew what that meant I might take offense to that...by the way I wasn't trying to be smug in my correction of Heath's number (and we don't really like to talk about his "pro" career DirtyCurty <_<)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could you name one playing today?  I'm drawing a blank on that statement - they're more or less all 80s.

Yeah i went looking, i can't find any either. I guess i was thinking of the 40s too. I don't know it seems like i used to see them in the 60s and 70s too but perhaps i was just seeing things.

Maybe you're thinking eligible receivers? For instance, the Patriots' linebacker ( Vrabel I think) who caught a TD in the Super Bowl, and other instances where offensive lineman report as eligible and may have caught a pass.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Heath Shuler wore 20 at Tennessee

Heath actually wore #21...just for clarification.

Exactly what number did the great Tennessee QB, Heath Shuler, wear in the NFL? His career was so short, I can barely recall. :P

He wore this...

P0016753.jpg

for the Saints. Here's Heath in some typical Saints action of that era:

r4.2.jpg

At least he didn't end up like Danny Wuerffel, with his helmet turned backwards.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Pacman is going to wear #32

jones_jersey_navy.jpg

even though jones is MY last name too, i want one of those with PACMAN on the back, instead of JONES :)

i bet you see those all over titan-land in the next year.

Too bad, you cant customize one with Pac-Man. You cant use player nicknames.

Does anyone else hate the WR number rule like I still do so much? I think it looks ridiculous to see Williams and Fitzgerald out catching passes in 11. I mean preseason is one thing but c'mon it just looks amateurish. Receivers should always wear 80's.

Why? Every other position has at least 2 ranges of 0-9 numbers. Do wide receiver need only one? That is ridiculous especially sharing with tight ends.

Also, in Buffalo my bets are....

Roscoe Parrish WR #11

Kevin Everett TE #86

here's another one that's official now

00221188_xl.jpg

Is this a mock-up of a jersey, or a photo of a real jersey? Looks like they left the period off, after his first initial. It's done in some European soccer leagues (actually, they've sometimes placed the first initial AFTER the last name in some cases), but on the black jersey he had at his press conference it read "M. WILLIAMS".

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Does anyone else hate the WR number rule like I still do so much? I think it looks ridiculous to see Williams and Fitzgerald out catching passes in 11. I mean preseason is one thing but c'mon it just looks amateurish. Receivers should always wear 80's.

Actually, I (and probably a few others) grew up with some great receivers wearing low numbers (Lance Alworth #19, Randy Vataha #18, etc.) and I think they look great. But, if you're not used to it, it probably looks odd. No need to go to all that trouble making a new numbering system though - the NFL is already uni-anal enough.

Also.....

Harold Carmichael - 17

Ken Burroughs - 00

Cliff Branch - 21

Fred Bilentikoff - 25(and 14)

Don Maynard - 13

Charlie Joiner - 18

Contract this...."

251799582_m.jpg

00221188_xl.jpg

Is this a mock-up of a jersey, or a photo of a real jersey? Looks like they left the period off, after his first initial. It's done in some European soccer leagues (actually, they've sometimes placed the first initial AFTER the last name in some cases), but on the black jersey he had at his press conference it read "M. WILLIAMS".

Did you see the tape where he walked into the Lions offices on crutches...absolutely hilarious....I bet Mooch lost his lunch

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

jones_jersey_navy.jpg

even though jones is MY last name too, i want one of those with PACMAN on the back, instead of JONES :)

You mean I can't get a #54 Bears jersey with "OVERRATED" on the back?

6uXNWAo.png

00221188_xl.jpg

Probably a mock up. There aren't even TV #s on it, and the number font is a little off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

jones_jersey_navy.jpg

You mean I can't get a #54 Bears jersey with "OVERRATED" on the back?

but could you get a 04 Jets jersey with CLANK or WIDE LEFT?

Archived