Nuggets take Game 1 over the Spurs

Nick 1733

nuggets are in the playoffs this year? :blink:

since when did the nuggets get good all of the sudden, i thought they were a basement team.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

People thought their defense would be an issue coming into the series -- yeah, that was probably the best defensive quarter by any team in the NBA this year. Camby was in Duncans face on every shot, and it showed. Carmelo did something he hasn't done all year -- continue to rebound and get down the court when he was struggling with his shot. Just like in everyother game, Carmelo got pounded downlow, and there was no call just about every time. It was a poorly refereed game, all around -- Ginobli gets away with traveling constantly, but a non-traveling call certainly benefitted the Nuggets, late. Should've been a flagrant on Horry late but that doesn't really matter.

What I found interesting is that the Spurs, the 'most disciplined team in the league' and a team that everyone said would be able to slow the game down, tried to run with the Nuggets for a stretch of the game -- they better not try that in Denver.

IUe6Hvh.png

No, I wasn't. I'll probably get some off of ebay.

I'm considering taking a gamble and waiting until the 2nd round -- though, obviously, if they don't make it... I can't go. So I'm not sure if I'll do that.

IUe6Hvh.png

I still think the Spurs will win, but it wont be without a fight. The Nuggets clearly are on fire and a different team in the 2nd half. The are the 7th seed but truthfully they are really a 3rd seed and coudl beat about half the teams in the west

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I love the Nuggies, but they certainly have their work cut out for them to win this series... I don't think they can win the next game in SA, but I do think they're capable of winning both games in Denver. I agree with In The End... The Nuggets can outrun virtually any team at altitude.

Archived