Nhl football x-over project

IronChefShark

I will only add one this time, also gives me a good excuse for a bump.

its the Columbus Blue Jackets. Its the only concept in which I used the Titans style shoulders. other then those its a simple, straightforward look with traditional dark blue and red. the only lime green you see is on the logos.

speaking of logos, I tried my damndest to make the J on the primary logo look less like a hockey stick. I didnt want to remove it all together because then it would look odd. it still looks like a hockey stick but its less obvious

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice. I think it's neat the way the shoulders stay the same colour, but the base colour changes. Well done. With the logo, you were stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place, and so it looks like you've done what you could.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

:) Awesome work - some minor things I would change but overall A+ work there SHB!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

the sunbelt update:

panthers: primary color is navy blue because to me the red looked wierd. I based it loosely on the NFL team in carolina that uses the same nickname sans the pointy striping on the pants and helmet.

coyotes: basically a short sleeved version of thier hockey jersey, but the shoulder panels are actually a blocked off football jersey cut rather then the pointy panels. I went with white helmets and only one set of pants which are white because I wanted to give them the "white out" look when the white jersey was in use. Of course, this design is based on thier "current" look, and a new concept will be made once the pending re-design is unveiled

lightning: of course, we all know a certain NFL team has cornered the market on lightning bolt patterned shoulder stripes. It was the obvious route to go here though. the rest of the uniform is pretty simple and straightforward though. you cant see it very well but the bolts are supposed to have a silver drop shadow

the last update: the southern update

thrashers: I didnt use the full primary logo simply because it would look odd if the bird's stick was taken from him. therefore I decided just to use the bird's head, and it translates excellent to a football helmet logo. I used houston texans style shoulder striping along with the beak-pattern on the cuffs and down the side of the pants. personally this is one of my favorites of this set

hurricanes: I used striping that is similar to the one used by the football team representing a certain university in south florida. Honestly, It didnt turn out like I hoped, but Im sticking with it. maybe I should have added side striping, but I couldnt figure out how to make it look right

predators: this one is.....different. not "discriminator" different, but different. It the helmet and pants are mettalic steel blue, and I used shoulder panels that come to a point similar to those on the hockey jerseys. this is also the only concept here that I incorporated colored side panels onto the jerseys. This particular uniform would fit in perfectly in arena league

sharks: inspired by the XFL's Demons.

:(  Oh my Demons!  As a former emplyee of the SF Demons, it really triggers those memories of the good ole days of Springtime smashmouth football.  The days of Mike Pawlawski and Pat Barnes making fun of me because my hands hurt after catching their passes. Oh how I miss the XFL...and a fun job!

Ok with that out of the way, I can say I love all the jerseys SHB!  They all kick butt.  Although the one thing that doesnt seem right is the Coyote helmet.  A white one just doesn't see right.  Maybe green would work better.  But other than that, much respect for putting this together.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I chose the white helmet because I figured that the team would be playing in phoenix, so a white helmet would be ideal.

also it would give the look with the white jersey the all-white look, something that would play on the coyotes "white-out" thing they do in the playoffs

something that would play on the coyotes "white-out" thing they do in the playoffs

:angry: :angry: must control rage :angry: :angry:

It is a mockery of everything that was good and beautiful in hockey. And don't give me that "it's still the same franchise" bunk. Somewhere Benny is turning over in his grave.

Alright, I'm fine. I'm just disgusted every time I see them do that. But oh well, life goes on... did I mention that I like the x-overs? :)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I really like them a lot. The only problem I might have isn't really your fault. I don't like the blue color of the Rangers on a football jersey. I also dont like the dropshadow numbers on a football jersey. Other than that, another great job by SHB.

Outstanding work, Shark! The attention to detail with regard to eliminating allusions to hockey is simply mind-boggling. My personal favorites:

1) Nashville;

2) Buffalo;

3) Edmonton;

4) Pittsburgh; and

5) Vancouver.

Not to put any pressure on you (hint-hint), but I'd love to see what you might do with a football x-over of the Hartford Whalers' final logo and color scheme.

Brian in Boston

I have a few things to say...

1. Awesome job shark. Those concepts rock. I love the Carolina one, especially how you didn't use their awful square thingys they use on their hockey uniforms.

2. The only one I would change is the Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey. It's really good, but I think that a wee bit of silver wouldn't have been bad to use, plus at least a tiny use of their TML logo. I would also have a bit more consistency with the striping all over the uniform. Other than that. Parfait!

3. The H in the Montreal Canadiens Logo DOES stand for HOCKEY!!! As a son of a former Montrealer and die-hard Canadiens fan, I know. "Habitants" is a NICKNAME! Geez!

4. I agree that A copper Oilers helmet would rock. or maybe use their Alt. Logo? I dunno.

Meh... so it goes...

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Wow, these are really fun.

I think the penguins one is great, the hummingbird works well on the helmet.  i also loved the sharks and preds, very very cool.

The drama with SHB and his detractors makes me giggle, its like a soap opera.

Archived