Name my Fantasy Football team

TBGKon

Tampa Bay City Rollers?

Best one yet!

I was trying to come with something like "Tampa Bay O'Nets" (say it aloud), or something that rhymed a la "Tampa Bay May Day". Then, I got a taste of the TB City Rollers.

I'm out. I got nothing. And you've got a team name.

:notworthy:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg

------------------------------------

Ghostriders -Florida actually is home to almost as much cattle and ranches as Texas if one can beleive that. So it stands to reason that they too would have cowyboys on hand. So the idea of a band of phantom outlaws isn't so far fetched.

Swashbucklers- Tampa is already known as a hideout for pirates of old. I just like this name better. I think of old movies starring Errol Flynn and Tyrone Powers. Plus if I ever hear a movie is a "swashbuckler" I think of lots of action and lots of fun. Two things any sports team would like to be thought of.

Mauraders- same theme as above but more meanacing.

Corsairs- again another pirate theme, but more towards the type of swords used.

Tempest- Florida is known for its weather, but I always thought Hurricanes was over used.

Gryphons- The original spelling for Griffins and it was on the seal of the Spanish explorers who first settled in the area

Tigersharks- More of an aquatic theme, but as I'm typing this I'm wondering if "Great Whites" wouldn't be more appropriate.

Gargoyles- There are plenty of these in the St. Petersburg area. Just think of something that designed to frighten evil spirits away doing the same thing on the football field. Damn ugly anyway.

Thunderbirds- This covers both the local weather, and the Native American moniker of how Tampa got its name. "Tampa" roughly translates into "sticks" which referes to the branches of lightning seen often in the night sky.

Silverbacks- We always here the term "800lb gorilla", and what in sports would fit that more than football linemen. I'm actually surprised someone in football hasn't already taken this for a name.

Mustangs- About the only horse them not currently adopted by a sports team (Colts, Stallions, Broncos, Chargers, Stampeders) considering the rolling thunder across Tampa Bay could easily sound like a herd of mustangs.

Warthogs- Florida has plenty of these running about, and I certainly wouldn't want to come across them. Something so mean that the A-10 Thunderbolt fighter plane was redubbed the "Warthog" by its pilots, and can from time to time be seen flying out of the local AFB.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived