ABAsite's Second Contest...As approved by CC97!

GeneralW91

Hey guys! If you remember my first contest, you'll understand the title. The first contest was about the Continental Football League, this one is the Continental Basketball Association!

Here's the Scenario...

After the 1985-1986 CBA season, the league makes a serious attempt to form affiliations with the NBA. Part of their plan is to develop new logos and unioforms for EVERY team in the league. They have hired some of the best designers in the world to turn every CBA team into a masterpiece. They will make primary and secondary logos, and home/away uniforms. They will also be asking at least one designer to design a new prototype CBA logo, along with East/West all star game uniforms.

*Note* Although the Albany Patroons were around during the 85-86 season, I chose to leave them out, since they are coming back as an expansion team this next CBA season.

Here are the teams available....

Tampa Bay Thrillers

Louisville Catbirds

Toronto Tornados

Puerto Rico Coquis

Bay State Bombardiers

Sarasota Stingers

Wyoming Wildcatters

Evansville Thunder

Detroit Spirits

Cincinnati Slammers

Wisconsin Flyers

Lancaster Lightning

Albuquerque Silvers

And of course, the CBA itself.

Logos can be found @ http://logoserver.com/CBA.html

ALL entries are do May 9th. Voting will take place in the following week in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd format. If someone wants to do some kick-arse signature trophies, I will not stop them. ^_^ If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or email me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I found ZoneRanger's new avatar: :D

TulsaZone.GIF

I'll give this contest a shot, not sure what I'll come up with (probably something horrible) but I'll give it a shot.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I'll take the first stab at it. I chose the Evansville Thunder, which I've decided will be an affiliate of the Indiana Pacers. Therefore I borrowed liberally from the Pacers uniforms and logo to come up with the following entry:

Thunder3.jpg

Condorssig.jpg

I'll take the first stab at it. I chose the Evansville Thunder, which I've decided will be an affiliate of the Indiana Pacers. Therefore I borrowed liberally from the Pacers uniforms and logo to come up with the following entry:

Thunder3.jpg

Those are amazing, great work! :notworthy: Hopefully we'll see more entires soon.

Unwind23, I am not so sure about the logo, but those uniforms and especially the 'wildcatters' script are wicked awesome :devil:.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Here's my entry for the Wyoming Wildcatters:

wildcatters.gif

Just wanted to let you know, Wildcatters aren't Wildcats. Wildcatters are oil drillers who search for oil in some pretty random places...risky drillers. I like what you've done...but it doesn't really go with the team name.

Just wanted to let you know, Wildcatters aren't Wildcats.  Wildcatters are oil drillers who search for oil in some pretty random places...risky drillers.  I like what you've done...but it doesn't really go with the team name.

lol yeah I'm aware, but I couldn't think of anything that attractive to draw with an oil miner. In this case, I was counting on sports fans being decently uninformed. :)

I have a few days though, so I might update before the contest closes anyway.

Archived