Boston University Concept

rtrich11

I wanted to try my hand at the Boston University Terriers logo. Their current mascot is a black and white dog, but their colors are red and white. Despite the dog's colors, I wanted to get as much red in there as possible.

Boston Terriers are little cute dogs so I didn't want to over-emphasize the body, or add some menacing pose. Just would look silly. If I did a full body pose, I'd keep it small in comparison to the word mark, perhaps.

The 1940s logo WON'T be part of the logo set, but I made that while fiddling around and kinda liked it regardless. Kinda old school.

BostonU_TR.jpg

Reminds me of a fantasy basektball logo on this board a few months ago -

Brooklyn (something)?

Anyway - great logo!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It certainly is a good start. I love the wordmark, but the pup looks a little soft. Add some hard edges and definition and you've a masterpiece. The sweater looks a little funny with the triangle shading on the body.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Brooklyn (something)?

Anyway - great logo!!

HA! That concept was also Tom's.

The Brooklyn Aces featuring a boxer (dog) with pilot goggles. One of my abso-favs that I am lucky enough to have a T-shirt of.

Nice man. I'll join the club and say I dig the 40's one too.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Thanks for the comments. I'm not going to say the Aces is nothing like the Terriers. It has smooshed-face dog w/ pointy ears + team name underneath + my style. I do think the feel of the two is different, though, and they are very dissimilar side by side. The Aces has a deliberate retrologo, aerial feel, and this one is more current in style. My motivation was selfish. I like those dogs.

I do think this Boston U. look could more or less work for them. It's unified and unique. I looked at the school's merch and it was all over the place. 90% of it had no dog at all, the rest was blocky type with "Boston" on it. Zzzzzz.

Funny that people like the 1940s logo, too. I don't see any school in 2005 saying "Yes! Let's do that!" There may be folks with a real modern style who could potentially spruce it up and give it a current feel, while retaining it's composition. Give that rough to Rickabaugh to tweak, and it's sold. I may revisit its potential later.

Guinness, does my logo need bigger eyes, or leave the size as is?

Count me in on the side of the 1940s-style logo. It seems like every school has given up and is going with Berthold City font in italics, or a slight modification of it (UMass, DePaul, Tennessee, just to name a few). The pennant look is unique today and would fit a school like BU very well.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Alright. Sounds like most of y'all are liking the 1940s version of this logo set. I couldn't leave it looking so ...old, so I updated the fonts in the banner. Here's the original logo and the updated retro set for comparison. Are y'all really thinking that a school in 2005 would want a ribbon in their design? I kept the wordmark because it made sense.

BostonU_TR2.jpg

Brooklyn (something)?

Anyway - great logo!!

Perhaps the Brooklyn Bulldogs?

Nice work, rtrich. I'd focus a little more on the head, and less on the body. Also, personally, I like the pennant-less design.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived