Bears team up with Washington

Dilbert

Hershey-Washington

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/04/26/1013875.html

Lowell- Colorado

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/04/26/1013971.html

I had a strong feeling that Washington was going to join up with Hershey. According to the Portland Pirates(former Capitals affiliate) website they will announce a new affiliate soon and "a new era of Pirates hockey"

Definitly did not see the Avalanche joining the Lock Monsters. Lowell will now be affiliated with Carolina and Colorado.

Signature intentionally left blank

I "unofficially" heard about the Colorado-to-Lowell agreement last week, but I was was sworn to secrecy about it. Glad it's made public now, and all us Lowell fans can breathe easier knowing the team will exist for at least one more season.

I am very curious to see who will be Portland's affiliate. I can't think of any NHL teams right now that are looking for a team of their own.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hmmm...maybe those rumblings out of Albany about the Devils wanting out of there could have some teeth to 'em....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Aside from the ill-fated ABA, is there any other league with as much turnover as the AHL? In the 8 years I've been following the LockMonsters, there has been as least one team move, fold or switch affiliations every season.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Aside from the ill-fated ABA, is there any other league with as much turnover as the AHL? In the 8 years I've been following the LockMonsters, there has been as least one team move, fold or switch affiliations every season.

The ACHL/WHA2/SEHL/SPHL

They may all have been seperate leagues however the SEHL and WHA2 teams all joined formed together to form the SPHL. Hockey in Winston Salem has changed each season. The ACHL had the Parrots who moved midseason from St. Petersburg, Fla. The SEHL started with the Moosehead, but that fell through and the team played the first month as the Winston Salem Hockey Club. They became the TBirds. The SPHL has the Polar Twins. Each season attendance is horrible.

Signature intentionally left blank

i've heard that the Anaheim Mighty Ducks have been interested in taking over affiliation with the Portland Pirates. Plus if the sale of the Utah Grizzlies goes through their has been rumblings of them moving. The Coyotes would take the Cincinnati Franchise, and Utah would be taken over by Colorado. But right now these are just rumors

The rumors I've seen are Anaheim to Portland and Phoenix to Cincinnati with Utah pulling out. Also saw the rumor that the Spurs will sell their part of the Rampage and the Panthers will relocate them to Orlando.

Been following the rumors on the SillySeason mailing list...

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/sillyseason/

Hope they give the Hershey team a new candy-related name. Maybe Jolly Ranchers? It's symbolic of the Capitals contraction rumors.

Suck long enough and eventually they just disappear.

Archived