Twinkie Park

amare32

I think they are going to have it built so that it would not be too hard to put a roof on it in the future. 

It is important to remember that this is not a done deal.  the state has to approve it and that won't be until the budget sessions are done.  In the meantime there are going to be tons of angry people from Hennepin County calling their state legislators and complaining.  People there do not like public financing of stadiums.

The state may shoot this down or require the county to have a referrendum, which would undoubtedly fail.

Even before it gets to this stage, the Hennepin County Commission has to approve a sales tax hike the equivalent of 3 cents added to a $20 purchase. While it seems they have the vote, they delayed the decision at a meeting last night.

word is, it may not pass, the county residents think it is unfair for them to pay more or something, i read in the paper today.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

gosioux, it's too bad you weren't able to see any games in old Metropolitan Stadium. That place is nostalgia for me. I still get tears in my eyes when I go to the Mall of America and stand where home plate was.

gosioux, it's too bad you weren't able to see any games in old Metropolitan Stadium. That place is nostalgia for me. I still get tears in my eyes when I go to the Mall of America and stand where home plate was.

I actually get nostalgic for it, too and I wasn't even there. My dad, although not a huge sports fan, told me about going to the 1965 All-Star Game there with his dad. And a friend of mine used to cover the Twins for UPI back when it was still a rival to the Associated Press. He claims to be the first man ever to bring a woman into the press box. Stories like that make me wish I could have been there to have a taste of the old place.

Speaking of nostalgia, you and josh might be interested in this book I just bought. It's called "Cool of the Evening" and it's a narrative on the Twins 1965 World Series team. I haven't started it yet, but from skimming through it looks pretty good. Not sure how many good Twins books there are out on the market.

Archived