Iron crossover!

IronChefShark

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't quite work out why people get so up tight about baseballs in x-over football jerseys and so on. Essentially the club is still a baseball club, and no-one is suggesting these as actual game jerseys, just a bit of fun.

All the x-overs produced so far look pretty good to me, I like the pinstripes discrim used, a nice touch. (Here comes some hypocrisy!!) I'm not sure how pinstripes would work on football unis but in the plans they look ok to me!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i know you realize it, but the reds guy with the baseball head just doesnt work

i dunno, i sort of prefer it that way.  mainly, it would look weird to me as a football head.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I can't quite work out why people get so up tight about baseballs in x-over football jerseys and so on.

esentially because the idea of a cross-over is to depict what the particular club would look like if they in fact really did play a different sport then the one they actually do play.

of course, different designers have thier different ideas of how that uniform would look, but the one thing most do agree on is that the logos should fit the sport in question

fukui: we are well into this cincinnati reds football x-over battle and it looks like so far we have a lot of challengers putting up some spendid looking designs wouldnt you say doc?

doc hattori: yes most certainly. Its interesting how the different designers have thier own vision of the cincinnati reds football team. Notice that puckguy and sabres7200 have relatively simple designs that utilize the color black quite a bit along with the red

fukui: yes and so far it looks like jkrdevil is the only one so far to put out a throwback alternate huh?

doc hattori: yes it does appear that way. It seems a lot of the designers are incorporating things such as shoulder stripes and of course the drop shadow numbers, which translate well seeing as how the actual baseball team uses this style of number

young japanese actress: hee hee hee

fukui: well lets take a look at morimoto here and ....WHOA! is that what I think it is doc?

doc hattori: it very well could be, it appears those are pinstripes morimoto has applied to a football uniform?

ohta: fukui-san!

fukui: yes ohta, go!

ohta: hattori-san is right those are indeed pinstripes that morimoto has used

fukui: man alive pinstriped football uniform! quite the interesting combination there!

young japanese actress: hee hee hee

:laugh:  :laugh:

I love Iron Chef style commenting.

As to why the changing of the logo is so important, I agree with SHB, but have something to add.  In my mind, an x-over is relatively easy to do.  You already have the colors, scripts, actual jersey styles, etc. to base your design off of.  They look pretty and cool, but there isn't a lot of hard thought going into it.  However, when you have to deal with a logo edit, that's where it gets challenging and more interesting.  Changing bats to hockey sticks, baseballs to basketballs, and all that stuff.  Everything to make it look like there really is an NHL team called the New York Yankees, an MLB team called the San Jose Sharks, and an NFL team called the Cincinnati Reds.

I'm suprised I'm the only one to use red socks.  The team originally was the Cincinnati Red Stockings, after all.

Bang that gong.  It's closing in on 36 hours since the last concept was posted, I think we're done here.

If you wanna do a weekly challenge or biweekly challenge fine, but don't close a monthly contest on the 9th and just a few days after opening it. Not criticizing you, and I don't think I was gonna do one, but it doesn't seem right. But maybe everyone is done. In that case, you should just learn from this and go biweekly or weekly. Oh well.

yeah, stl has a point. although I did intend for it to be monthly lets make it weekly since the concepts came in so quickly. the only reason why I ended it early was because there was so much time elapsed without a new concept. and besides, a lot of the other users decided it was time to end the challenge

Archived