Winnipeg Blue Bombers Anniversary logo

Stampman

Is that the oldest team in that league?

Hell no, one of the youngest actually.

Other than the Renegades (unless you count the Rough Riders) & the current version of the Als (if you just count their continual history from the Baltimore Stallions in the mid 90's)--the Lions are youngest...

The Argos are over 100 years old...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I wasn't too impressed with it... I actually think it looks kinda dumb... the ball looks like it got severely deformed.

Considering it is 75 years, the team certainly hasn't been playing up the anniversary, but yeah, as a fan its a milestone to celebrate.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Other than the Renegades (unless you count the Rough Riders) & the current version of the Als (if you just count their continual history from the Baltimore Stallions in the mid 90's)--the Lions are youngest...

I believe the Argos have been around since 1872 and Hamlton was established before the Argos

I saw, I came, I left.

I said one of, not the youngest

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

This year is also the 75th anniversary of Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton. It was constructed for the 1930 British Empire Games originally (the inaugural Commonwealth Games). There have been suggestions on Hamilton's website that they may come out with a commemorative logo patch for the Ticat unis this year.

The Grey Cup is almost as old as the Stanley Cup, which is from...1892? I think they Grey Cup is about 100 years old.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I said one of, not the youngest

Hey--I wasn't trying to diprove your post...

And Sy--I still like the way the way they deformed it...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I didn't realize that the city of Winnepeg was that old.

Wasn't it just a little trading post 75 years ago? Beaver pelts, whale blubber & such.

Winnipeg was bigger than any major cities west of it (Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver) for a while, I think.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wasn't it just a little trading post 75 years ago? Beaver pelts, whale blubber & such.

Winnipeg was bigger than any major cities west of it (Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver) for a while, I think.

Indeed... we were the Chicago of the West for a while there, especially when the railroad started moving people West.

The origins of Winnipeg can be traced back to the 1730's, but the name first became popular in the mid-1850s. It was an early fur-trading settlement established at the Forks, the place where the Assiniboine and Red rivers meet, and protected by two forts, Upper Fort Garry and Lower Fort Garry. (source)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Indeed... we were the Chicago of the West for a while there, especially when the railroad started moving people West.

The origins of Winnipeg can be traced back to the 1730's, but the name first became popular in the mid-1850s. It was an early fur-trading settlement established at the Forks, the place where the Assiniboine and Red rivers meet, and protected by two forts, Upper Fort Garry and Lower Fort Garry. (source)

I just learned that name a few weeks ago. It was more popular then Toronto and Montreal at one point, especially around the time of Riel. Its a shame Winni is in the shape it is now, alot of great things have come out of there. Winni The Pooh, The Winnipeg Jets...and....um...Riel!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

alot of great things have come out of there. Winni The Pooh, The Winnipeg Jets...and....um...Riel!!

So they admit it now- :D Pooh came out of Winnipeg! :D

So the CFL basically outdates the NFL?

yep.

as for the hamilton-toronto thing, the argos were founded in 1873, but the hamilton tiger-cats were founded in the 1890's i think when the hamilton tigers merged with the hamilton wild cats. so the current hamilton team as one entity is younger then the argos.

Archived