Slightly ot: sammy sosa not going to the allstars

Hbomb90

But the thing is how many other players have used a corked bat from tiome to time and not been caught? Its like the Pete Rose thing in a way, IMO. You end up punishing one guy for getting caught and use him as an example without really trying to find out how big a deal it is. (Another 2 cents down the drain!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Pedro Martinez, Roger Clemens, and Tim Hudson can't be voted in by the fans since they're pitchers, and the manager is in charge of selecting the starting pitcher for the game.

QPR%20Sig.png

Well, Sammy wasn't voted in by the fans mainly due to the corked bat. Since he has been injured quite a bit this year, he probably doesn't deserve to be selected.

Isn't Dusty Baker supposed to be the NL manager?

I smell conspiracy......  :laugh:  :laugh:

I saw, I came, I left.

Don't get me wrong people I wasnt suggesting Sammy should play, his injuries really mean it would be unfair to pick him. Be a pity not to have him there, but hey! Thats the way these things go!

What I find looking at these things from afar is usually fans seem tobe fairly fair minded and vote for people they think should be in the game, not just star names.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What I find looking at these things from afar is usually fans seem tobe fairly fair minded and vote for people they think should be in the game, not just star names.

Oh really? Is that why Sammy would have started the game if it were up to the fans? And why guys like Richy Sexson weren't even in the top 5 in voting? And why Hideki Matsui received over a million votes even though he doesn't even have double-digit homeruns? Sorry, but no. Fans are stupid and vote for names they know. I think Sammy not being there is a beautiful thing; in no way did he deserve to go this year. I saw him last year in Milwaukeee at the home run derby where he put on a great show, but I know now that was just a fraud. Sosa is a deceitful , and a poor excuse for a role model. He also flat out doesn't have the numbers this year. Many others were way more deserving, and they're going. Sorry Corky.

Oh really? Is that why Sammy would have started the game if it were up to the fans? And why guys like Richy Sexson weren't even in the top 5 in voting? And why Hideki Matsui received over a million votes even though he doesn't even have double-digit homeruns? Sorry, but no. Fans are stupid and vote for names they know. I think Sammy not being there is a beautiful thing; in no way did he deserve to go this year. I saw him last year in Milwaukee at the home run derby where he put on a great show, but I know now that was just a fraud. Sosa is a deceitful man, and a poor excuse for a role model. He also flat out doesn't have the numbers this year. Many others were way more deserving, and they're going. Sorry Corky.

The reserves are selected by the players now.... where have you been? in a cave? :D

I and my fellow cavemen are offended by your intimations that cavepeople are uninformed and/or stupid.

:D

The summer All-Star Game has been a fan popularity contest for years and all of the players know and realize this. The post-season All-Star team and the other attendant awards (Silver Bat, Gold Glove, etc.) are where the "real" honors lie, IMHO.

I think Sammy not being there is a beautiful thing; in no way did he deserve to go this year. I saw him last year in Milwaukee at the home run derby where he put on a great show, but I know now that was just a fraud. Sosa is a deceitful man, and a poor excuse for a role model.

That is my point from earlier exactly! Actually all we know about Sosa is he got caught, on one occasion.

1 It doesnt mean every time he went out before he had a corked bat.

and

2 We don't know who else is using corked bats. If one player is I would suggest others probably are too.

Its just like drugs and athletes, (I mean track and field here). We are in no position to know who is using and who isnt and we never will be. We can know who gets caught but that is an entirely different thing.

And I have always found it pretty depressing when people rely on sports stars to be role models! I have never thought hitting a small white ball is the be all and end all of life and we shouldn't be teaching youngsters that it is!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

why Hideki Matsui received over a million votes even though he doesn't even have double-digit homeruns?

Although Matsui dosn't have double-digit hr's he is hitting over .300 and is at the top of the league in rbi's. He is a main reason why the Yankees are still in first with all there injuries. Although I agree that he probably shouldn't start, he should be in the game along with Giambi.

ythe only reason Matsui made it is because mlb made the HUGE mistake of letting those stupid japanese "fans" vote online. those slant eyed gooks probably stuffed the ballots with like 10,000 votes at a time with their high tech computers.

This is a juvenile attempt at being funny or cool, right?  You don't seriously go through life thinking like this, do you?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived