Blue Jays logo concept

Roger Clemente

This interpretation is a combonation of many things...

1. The current bird logo, which IMO is the most well composed logo in their history.

2. The pseudo-realism of the previous logo.

3. The not so overbearing inclusion of the maple leaf from the first logo.

IMO, I don't feel red is necessary at all nor is multiple shades of blue. I feel the current color scheme works great (albeit with too much focus on, of all colors, graphite.) and could be perfect with a little more blue.

My reason for editing this is because as nice as it is, it could look better and more "real." So with that said, here is my version:

JaysLogoIdea.gif

I have no clue what letter would work well with this logo, or even what font, although it is probably possible to adapt both the recent split letter workmark (but not the classic more rounded ones) and the current wordmark to it.

Comments welcome.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

This is definitely a more pissed off and intimidating bird over the current one. If you're going to be the Blue Jays at least be a mean Blue Jay dammit. :)

mainescarf.png

It's a cool logo, but I still want the old style logos back for the Blue Jays.

The one thing I'd do is not have it bulge out below the beak... if you make that part follow the curve of the beak, it would flow a lot better.

Nicely done Roger.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The buldge under the neck has to be fixed, it looks obsese otherwise. If you also tried to make the right side of it look more like part of a maple leaf it would be awsome.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I got rid of the bulge (which was supposed to be the shoulder of the bird, although I can see how one might not see that) I also hooked the bottom of the logo to make the entire right side look more like a maple leaf. (I don't want it to be too obvious though. It was a simple touch for the old logo but a major distraction in the last incarnation.) I find it now has a similar shape to the old logo:

JaysLogoIdea2.gif

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Here's a uniform set I created that uses the old script (or at least my favorite version of that script) using the colors of today and my new logo:

BlueJays-Set001.gif

I think this may be my favorite of all the Jays concepts we've seen.

I like the balance between the old and the new; it's nice to see that you didn't completely abandon the good aspects of the Jays new scheme, such as the treatment of the bird's head and the incorporation of black.

This uniform set shows how the Jays SHOULD incorporate black and gray/silver/whatever.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Here's a uniform set I created that uses the old script (or at least my favorite version of that script) using the colors of today and my new logo:

BlueJays-Set001.gif

I think the numbers should be on the front or on the sleve....or the logo on the front, number on the sleve. I dunno, the front just looks too empty...but otherwise its absolutly amazing.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I've been railing against the Graphite Jays for abandonning their proper primary color (check the team name if you're unsure what that should be), but you did an amazing job of throwing a little of the new look into the more traditional style.

One thing - I'd take the outline off the names for the home and gray road jerseys. the gray outline, plus the smaller size of the letters, makes them very tough to read.

Well done otherwise!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Now that I see it...the blue jersey should also have Toronto on it. 2 Blue Jays and 2 Toronto's look cool, or maybe Toronto on the black. I just think 3 Blue Jays is too much.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

This concept needs more graphite :P

I got a fever, and the only perscription is more graphite!

No seriously, this concept is great. Make the blue jersey a home alt. and the black one (put toronto script on it) should be a road alt. that would be nice.

The logo's nice too.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived