? MADDEN 05 uniform customization ?

devilray2k1

One thing I always hated about Madden and other football video games is that you can never REALLY customize uniforms and stuff to your liking.

Anyone with Madden knows exactly what I'm talking about...you go in to create a team and are stuck with like 3 number fonts to choose from, a striping system that doesn't work, and only 2 or 3 options on everything (sock type, helmet striping, etc.)

The last one let you go in and create your own NFL teams up to 4 alternate jerseys, but when you'd use it in the game the helmet logos disappear....crazy stuff

I hope they make it better in this new game

I play 2004 and the helmet logos show up in game...

I rarely play with the actual teams--preferring to use the custom ones I create.

Would I llike more options? Yes--

2004 has more than 2002 which I started creating teams with (I have 97 too, but no custom teams there, at least for PC), but they took away some things you could do in 2002--like not having to have the middle pant stripe match the jersey or the pants-and you could do Redskin style pant stripes, but only 1 # font and 1 jersey template.

I'd like to see a combination of those 2 and some of the options in FIFA, and a few others--but overall 2004 allows for enough variation.

Of course with the option of custom teams in franchise taken away I'm not buying any new versions.

(Yes I could use them in owner mode if I move--but it would be a pain to do all 32 teams that way--and I'm limited to certain cities...)

Oh well--I'm still enjoying it and creating more teams than I'll ever use...

It's my addiction...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Is there some sort of licensing agreement that takes away the helmet logos? If you make your own new team, the logos are there; but in 05 you can customize the jerseys of the existing teams; when you do that, the helmet logos are gone, which pretty much makes the feature useless unless you're using the Browns.

Since you guys have me re-hooked on Madden, I have to say that in addition to better uniform customization (too bad they can't let you make one like you can the helmets), they need to allow for expansion franchises in the franchise mode. My relocate the Chicago Bears, for example, when they have a brand new stadium and obviously no need to jet to Mexico City?

I agree with all of you big time, I have Madden 2004 & 2005. I think the NCAA football 2005 customization is way better.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Is there some sort of licensing agreement that takes away the helmet logos? If you make your own new team, the logos are there; but in 05 you can customize the jerseys of the existing teams; when you do that, the helmet logos are gone, which pretty much makes the feature useless unless you're using the Browns.

If it's a legit copy, then that shouldn't happen. My friend had a cracked PC version, as well as a downloaded one for his modded PS2, and it did that on both versions. My legit version never had a problem.

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

My legit Madden 05 on PS2 removes actual NFL team logos if you modify their uniform.

It doesn't stop there. If you relocate the club, it automatically changes the uni from the current and you can't use the helmet logo. I had to use the fist clutching the bolt one when I moved the Chargers to LA.

VmWIn6B.png

Well.......hmmm. We'd all like more flexibility I think the custom uni arena. If what you guys are saying is true ( and i have no reason to doubt you) the NFL has been intentionally limiting our options for changing uniforms of existing teams in game.

Why on earth they would care is beyond me but I totally believe it.

I would think EA locking up the NFL rights for Madden would only FURTHER limit us. They have no incentive to give us all we've been hoping for (on this topic) now. They've paid a huge price for the NFL license and won't risk losing it.

But I would hope against hope, that another developer would give us full flexibility in the hopes of gaining a small market share.

Is this possible? SUre it is. Stupid N64 Mariopaint or whatever had a rudimentary brush tool. And I think one racing game on that system let you paint your car anyway you liked. And that was back 6-7 years ago.

Plus, with rumors surrounding XBox 360 (or whatever its called) and that it may be able to interact with your home PC.......pfff, who knows? Maybe you'll be able to upload .jpegs to the harddrive and replace faces, jerseys etc in game?

Sadly, I dont think this is much of a priority for the developers. But we'll see I guess by next fall.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Yea, I have 2004 and I created 32 teams bassewd on the cities in the NFL teams. I made all there unis different and the logo does show up on the helmet.

What I want to know is if they will make any new logos and ones you can customly color the logos ( like one the hawk logo #2 the beak is automatically yellow, and the neck is gray, and out of the two colors you chose only one is incorporated into the logos.) They havent changed logos since when 2004 came out.

stlouisrams.jpg

i'd like em to at teh very least make upgrades, but i'm not holdin my breath. hell, I'd like to be able to have a second logo so I don't have the same logo on the helmet, jersey and pants.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If y'all all think that Madden, after making very few changes in the past with a shared NFL license, will make changes now that they own the NFL, y'all have really high hopes. I don't see why Madden won't add a feature here and there, take out a few features to put in "Brand New" for the year after next, and jack up the price to around $60. Madden has the same graphics and gameplay from 2002 when the game was on the PS1. It's really sad that the NFL sold out their fans this way.

As for uniforms, I would expect less this year from the Uni Editor, simply because the NFL will be looking over EA's back 24/7. They don't want their league to change, so they will make the teams centeralized. The NFL will take out stuff EA want's to keep, and EA can't do anything about it, because they'll loose the contract.

WHat we need is for this game to come out soon-unfortunately it won't have a franchise mode--but since it is supposed to more customizable, self made mods could be used to age players, change ratings and add rookies, etc...

So we'll see

www.maximum-football.com

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I agree with all of you big time, I have Madden 2004 & 2005. I think the NCAA football 2005 customization is way better.

As I was playing NCAA Football 2005 a while after I posted that^, I noticed when I created a school I chose to have names on the back of all my jerseys and they didn't show up in the game.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

there are 2 things about that feature I really hate and they need to improve on:

1) you cannot change the look of a CURRENT unis. Like for instance, lets say you wanted to make a alt for the Colts using a black top. You can't just use the current unis and change the color. Nor can you mix and match unis like for instance if you wanted a Orange top/ Teal pants for the Dolphins. I know that would be crazy but I want my freedom to do that. I want an all blue Titans I should be able to do that. Plus I would like to change the color of existing teams too like a red alt for the current Pats unis. If you make a different unis, you have to use their own customization.

2) the one thing that bothers me is the pants with 3 stripes. You cannot make a away unis all white if you have 3 colors pants. The middle color defaults to the top color like for instance if you have a red unis, then the middle color will be red. Yet if you have an away unis, the middle color will be white. You can't keep it red. They need to fix that.

btw, Madden screwed up the first year for the Texans, I remember their logo was going in one direction on both sides. I wonder how that was allow.

WHat we need is for this game to come out soon-unfortunately it won't have a franchise mode--but since it is supposed to more customizable, self made mods could be used to age players, change ratings and add rookies, etc...

So we'll see

www.maximum-football.com

Wait, I thought the reason David was delaying the release for it was because of Carear Mode.

Well let's hope so--if it has franchise mode and the customization works well, I may never play Madden again--and I'll be posting my Maximum Football teams...

Archived