Another Red Sox alt concept

RyanB06

I'd make the cap red for nostalgia's sake. But other than that this is perfect. Of all the Red Sox alts I've seen on the boards, this would be the most likely to get on the field IMO.

dude , great work!!!!! these are the type of alts we need to see!!! not those ugly braves and mets alts!!!! you really should submit these and i would also like to see them with the old red hat...

there is very little blue in the rest of the uni and it doesnt look right with mostly blue on the cap and only blue outlines on the jersey.

this is what makes the red sox look like the red sox. there isn't blue in their regular uniforms either.

this is what makes the red sox look like the red sox. there isn't blue in their regular uniforms either.

The numbers and letters are outlined in navy on their regular uniforms.

LOVE the concept. But I'd drop the silver outline - not only would it make your set less Cleveland Indians-ish, but from a cost perspective, fans would have to shell out a mint for 4-ply embroidery. You cold get away with red outlined in navy, like they have now.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Normally I don't give harsh critiques, but in the case of hijacking I have to, and I'm going to use this analogy:

If Ryan's and yours got into a fight, Ryan's would win in a Mike Tyson Punch-Out style one-hit-wonder. :P

With that being said, color the center of the uni blue and they look decent.

broysox, is your jersey a vest or not? By coloring the space around the neck red, and by not putting some indication of an undershirt collar, if looks like a false vest cut, where the sleeves are attached. If that's the case, the red around the neck would reflect the back of the jersey. I don't see a T-shirt collar line, and if that's what you intended - double :puke: . I don't think that's what you intended. Either way... um... :blink: I'm gonna go now.

Like TFoA said, this is a Tysonesque TKO for the original idea. (Great analogy, TFoA.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This is a nice concept (the whites). I would get rid of the front number though and maybe make the 2 sox a little larger. Other than the number on the front I like it a lot.

mainescarf.png

The white ones with the socks are awesome. Boston should use the sock logo much more. I like the blue hats though, because too red is the hot color in the MLB right now and too much red would look like everyone elses jersey.

Send 'em to the 'Sox GM

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Very nice. I much rather see these (or a sleeved version) on Sundays than those horrid red ones. I think you're right about the hat - too much red, but it would be perfect on the sleeved version.

Also...make 'em gray and they'd be great on the road.

Archived