Victoria Islanders Fantasy Baseball Uni's

robbman21

I made these for Randyc for his team in the American Association here on the boards.He chose the color scheme so I used the Mets colors,although these unis remind me a bit of the Twins for some reason.The "ball man" logo as I have named him is based on the totems found on Victoria Island,and I included a pic of the totem I used to get his look.With the name "Islanders" I at first wanted to do something tropical and fun but then I realized Victoria is in B.C.,so I wanted to do something that reflects the area as best I could.This is also my 1000 post.C&C is always welcome and appreciated and as always.....enjoy!!

Victoria Islanders Uniforms 2005

VictoriaIslandersUnis.gif

Logos and Caps

IslandersLogos.gif

Actual totem from Victoria

Totem.gif

98Falcons.png

My big complaint: Demonized does not look good curved. It also doesn't fit the theme of the team name. I'd try a different font entirely, really.

And, besides, it makes it look like something SyPhi'd do. ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yay, the Islanders got their identity just in time for next week's showdown with us :P

Anyways, that Ball Man is WILD :lol:, but seeing the reason for doing it, I like it. I would've used blue striping for the home uni, but that's really my only complaint.

Nice job :grin:

I'm not a fan of the hat logo. From a distance, when it is all the same color, it is hard to figure out what it is supposed to be. From a distance, when it is the white V and only the outline of the island, you don't realize that the island is there. I think the hat logo would look better with just a V. Also, it may just be me, but it looks like the names not only arch, but they also get smaller on the right side. That makes for a kind of funny look. Same holds true for the lettering on the front of the uniforms. Still, great concept. I like the primary logo and the uniforms themselves.

That ball face logo is awesome. Something seemed unsettling about it at first and I think I know what it is. The face itself looks to be a full front-on view but it is not in the center of the ball. Would it be possibleto use a filter or something to give it some spherical perspective?. Still, it is far beyond what I can do!

LT

You can BARELY see it because it's reduced so small but I actually did do a slight bend on it to conform it to the ball,but like I say I reduced the image so small that it appears flatter than it actually is.I couldnt bend it as much as I wanted because I wanted the face to be angled,and the more I curved it to the ball the more it made the sphere look unnatural,like they were on two different curves.On the BP cap you can actually see it bends better,even though it's actually SMALLER than the other logos.

Thanks for all the props on this one guys.My next project is finishing my take on

lilg's Glendale Demons fantasy baseball unis,and then a fantasy football concept that I'm REALLY looking forward to.

98Falcons.png

Thanks for all the props on this one guys.My next project is finishing my take on

lilg's Glendale Demons fantasy baseball unis,and then a fantasy football concept that I'm REALLY looking forward to.

can't wait to see them Robb :D, should look great

Archived