Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

xxvnyg80

The reason the Angels changed their name from California to Anaheim is that it was a requirement from the city in exchange for renovating the stadium. Otherwise, this would just be an aesthetic question. The reason the team is called Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is to to comply, yet circumvent the agreement to keep Anaheim in the name. I know Arte Moreno did not originally sign the agreement, Disney did. However, he is reaping the benfits of the stadium renovation. He should continue to comply with the agreement Disney signed.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And people wonder why California is so screwed up. Sure, the government is bankrupt, but go ahead and waste taxpayer money to interfere with business. First, Arnold's quite pro-business, so I highly bet that he'll veto this pathetic excuse for a bill, but technically, if the tickets say "Angel Stadium of Anaheim" on them, doesn't that count as a disclaimer? Or, even go as far as saying "Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Anaheim, CA." I swear, that city has gotten such a big head over the years. It's a glorified suburb that's only where it is because Walt happened to build a theme park on an orange grove. Heck, I was reading an article on Disneyland's 50th anniversary, and it refered to the location as "an orange grove outside Los Angeles." Bottom line is that the city screwed up the contract, and the damn California legislature is sticking its nose where it doesn't belong.

VmWIn6B.png

I've never understood the internet forum word "rediculous."  It's like "genious."  I see these all the time...what am I missing?

Don't start questioning spelling here. If I can find the thread, I'll show you why. Just not worth the time and energy.

Hey now, OMMF, don't be a

hipacrite

hypacrit

hippacrit

hypocrit

hipecrit

hippacrate

hippecrete

hippocrat

Hippocrat? I think there are a few people here that belong to that party. :D

:argue: I don't like that so :cursing:

That's it. I'm first with Squigi that they are the Anaheim Angels to me and always will be end of story.

However we have Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Mighty Ducks of Anaheim so if the Rams move back they are to be just Rams of Anaheim. Or the future San Diego Los Angeles Clippers of Anaheim. Any team in Anaheim can't be the Anaheim (Nickname). They have to be (Nickname) of Anaheim. It's tradition now that cannot be broken.

But then again that might make me a hypocrite of Anaheim (even if I'm from San Diego)

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

That's it. I'm first with Squigi that they are the Anaheim Angels to me and always will be end of story.

However we have Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Mighty Ducks of Anaheim so if the Rams move back they are to be just Rams of Anaheim. Or the future San Diego Los Angeles Clippers of Anaheim. Any team in Anaheim can't be the Anaheim (Nickname). They have to be (Nickname) of Anaheim. It's tradition now that cannot be broken.

But then again that might make me a hypocrite of Anaheim (even if I'm from San Diego)

See when I was growing up they were the California Angels, and to me they always will be.

nav-logo.png

Cute effect, but it just looks like there's a piece of thread on the top you have to wipe off of there

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Cute effect, but it just looks like there's a piece of thread on the top you have to wipe off of there

They worked ok in 1961. :huh:

1965ang.jpg

and it even survived the first name change. B)

Archived