new premiership jerseys

kc51design

Very parenthetical to this: apparently, the international lacrosse federation doesn't want the U.S. wearing the Warrior numbers and have made all the teams wear block numerals.

Perhaps it's because those numbers are freakin' hard to read!

mystic_white_U19O.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just a blast from the past:

That jersey's a rip off, if only because the clubs aren't releasing their kits for at least another week. I bet it's from somewhere in Asia, isn't it? With Arsenal apparently switching shirt sponsors this year I think someone jumped the gun with this.

:P

The new throwback Arsenal kits have been released:

redcurrant_8player_large.jpg

I love the old suit Wenger's wearing. Somebody tell Nolan out in SF - the way to do this is to call it a throwback! :D

So I was half right! Go fig

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

My mate just told me that they are only going to be used once, which if you look at the HomePage, is exactly right.

redcurrant1.gif

Wasn't sure if you knew, but I don't like the idea of that, it would have been better with it being used all home games. B)

signature.png

My mate just told me that they are only going to be used once, which if you look at the HomePage, is exactly right.

redcurrant1.gif

Wasn't sure if you knew, but I don't like the idea of that, it would have been better with it being used all home games.  B)

By once, you mean only one time, or for that season only? :therock: If you read the article carefully, the date 22 June is the jersey release date

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?article=282141

I saw, I came, I left.

It looks like the kits have something written right underneath the logo.

Yep, they do....

"HIGHBURY 1913-2006"

I'm not a fan of the Gunners, but I like these retro home kits a lot...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I don't know if that's what's written under the crest. Looks like there's also something written above it.

"HIGHBURY 1913-2006" is written on the back of the jersey, beneath where the numbers would be.

henry_redcurrant_big.jpg

They're wearing them all year. No red with white sleeves at all. As mentioned, the 22nd of June is the unveiling. Wouldn't make any sense for them to wear them once in the off-season.... :P

rovers unveil their new away kits today..... yuck

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...~672033,00.html

i think you may have to register... sorry.. maybe someone can host the pics? i'm not able to do so right now.

anyway, for those of you who can't see them, they are black, with weird silvery collars... and blueish purple piping... and Lonsdale is now not only the kit manufacturer, but also the club sponsor....

the front of the shirt is black, while the silver collar extends to cover the entire back of the shirt.... almost like what would happen if the los angeles kings third jersey mated with the toronto raptors road jersey, and decided to move to europe to play soccer..... while being sponsored by a boxing company...

not pretty... the new home kits will be unveiled in about a month, i've heard... let's hope the blue and white halves aren't COMPLETELY ruined.

rovers unveil their new away kits today..... yuck

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...~672033,00.html

i think you may have to register... sorry.. maybe someone can host the pics? i'm not able to do so right now.

anyway, for those of you who can't see them, they are black, with weird silvery collars... and blueish purple piping... and Lonsdale is now not only the kit manufacturer, but also the club sponsor....

the front of the shirt is black, while the silver collar extends to cover the entire back of the shirt.... almost like what would happen if the los angeles kings third jersey mated with the toronto raptors road jersey, and decided to move to europe to play soccer..... while being sponsored by a boxing company...

not pretty... the new home kits will be unveiled in about a month, i've heard... let's hope the blue and white halves aren't COMPLETELY ruined.

01030357395800.jpg

01030357396500.jpg

01030357396800.jpg

That's going to have to be one hell of a closeup to even be able to try and make out that web address on the back collar.

All I have to say about those new Rovers change strips....

:puke:

Holy moley, those are pretty fugly..no scratch that..not "pretty fugly"..more like VERY fugly.

If they fluff up the home strip as bad as they did the change strip, I wouldn't blame Rovers supporters for being up in arms one bit...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

If I didn't know better, I would have thought that those Blackburn change kits were their goalie kits. As goalie kits, they wouldn't be bad, but as regular player kits, I believe HatCity had it right when he said "fugly."

i've got a terrible feeling that this is what the blue and white halves are going to look like....

imagine this, if the front were white and blue halves instead of black... then imagine the silver/grey was white... and the purple/blue was red....

that's what i'm seeing in my head... and that would be an outrage.

Lonsdale putting their name twice on the front of the jersey also looks stupid. Surely there is no need for the smaller manufacturer's logo on right breast when you've got it splashed in 3 inch high letters on the front!!

I don't think Reebok have their names on the Bolton shirts twice?

If the home strip is what you're picturing then I really feel for you. It's not good when your team has a shirt so ugly you can't bring yourself to buy/wear one.

liverpool-1.png

luckily for me, my rovers home shirt from last season is in perfect condition still... not even the slightest bit of peeling on the HSA sponsor...

also, i just picked up 6 rovers jerseys from the past 10 years from ebay for $12 american :D should be getting here any day now. i especially can't wait to wear the premiership championship season shirts :)

07_1_b.JPG

you see that red and black striped shirt, with the TIME sponsor? why couldn't the new change kit be as classy as that one? that, and the red HSA shirt from last season, are my 2 favorite change strips in team history.

red and black away is almost a tradition at blackburn... not sure why black, silver, and violet-blue are taking over for a year.

but in all fairness to the team, the kits MIGHT look better in short sleeves... either way, though, it looks like darth vader's pajamas. -sigh-

the backwards bib BETTER not be on the home shirt..... although from reading fan reaction to these road kits, i have a feeling i'm not alone :)

they said they released the away kits first, because if they did them both at the same time, then people would be more likely to only buy 1 of the 2 shirts.... but i've got a feeling it was to gauge reactions to the new design... or at least that's what i'm hoping.

one question this brings up to me, however, is what will we wear at newcastle? white and blue halves against black and white stripes? we usually wear the change strip there, because the halves aren't different enough... but now our only alternative is black and grey... i read that something similar happened a while back, so rovers just wore their away kits from the previous season... but now that we've changed sponsors as well, it doesn't seem that easy.

oh well. i've ranted enough about this topic for this morning. i just can't believe some people have such awful design talents as to actually design this peice of trash... it truely is the worst soccer jersey i've seen.... this one is so bad, it's making me wish they'd bring back that ugly orange and silver number that was packaged with my retro-kits from ebay. lol. lesser of 2 evils.

Archived