new premiership jerseys

kc51design

I don't think Reebok have their names on the Bolton shirts twice?

They have the athletic logo on the right side and Reebok spelled out on the front. But Lonsdale's athletic logo is their name, so yeah it looks jacked

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one question this brings up to me, however, is what will we wear at newcastle? white and blue halves against black and white stripes?

Well Lonsdale provided last year's uni's so the away from last year will probably be worn.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

More images of the new Arsenal kits, now available for preorder.

Short sleeve:

l_10130.jpg

Long sleeve:

l_10135.jpg

Shorts:

l_10131.jpg

Socks:

l_10132.jpg

Keeper:

l_10137.jpg

I'm definitely getting one of the long sleeve redcurrants. Wish they didn't have the lettering at the small of the back - have to get a name and number to keep it from looking goofy.

Wow. Those are ugly. They do look like keeper jerseys.

I sympathize, Cole. I had a similarly visceral reaction to the Arsenal kits from this year, but at least I knew they'd only be worn for a single season.

Hrm ... I liked the Blue Arsenal ones to be honest. B)

signature.png

this season, i may budget a nice rovers keeper jersey into my expenses :) depending on if the colors would look out of place on the street (so no highlighter yellows or lime greens...)

a simple grey, navy, green, red, or anything like that, and i'll finally buy myself that brad friedel jersey i've been promising myself for years :) i'm personally hoping for dark green.

Short sleeve:

l_10130.jpg

The more I look at them the more I don't like the gold.

To me, it ruins the whole throwback idea to have the numbers and text in the gold so recently adopted by so many North American teams.

Initially, I loved it. I still like the dark colour, and the simplicity of it.

But for mine, the gold should be basic white.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I think the gold will prove harder to read than white on the backs of those shirts. I'm betting the original redcurrant shirts had white numbers on the back, if any numbers at all.

There are mockups doing the rounds of an alleged Liverpool away kit which is the new Reebok design in white with black and red trim on the sleeves in the new Reebok pattern and the diagonal slashes on the front in a sort of pale shade that looks almost like a watermark on the white shirt. No sneak photos yet however, so it might just be a fan concept.

If all we get is the standard Reebok design in white, then the fans will just get more annoyed with Reebok. A rumour has it our current home kit was designed in less than 20 minutes along with two other proposals and rushed off to a board meeting for approval. While that may be an exaggeration on looking at the shirt its entirely believable. Red, and throw in some meshy bits, then some white inserts in the underarms that can turn nice and yellow as the game goes on!!

Of course I still bought one! :D

liverpool-1.png

Aesthetically, I prefer a blue change kit. But yellow is traditional for Arsenal. The problem with blue is that it makes the Arsenal look too much like their West London rivals Chelsea.

It would be a little like the Boston Red Sox debuting an alternate uniform with navy pinstripes. Not a good idea. :P

And it seems we've had the first leaks of Arsenal's new away shirt, from Arseblog:

For those of us, including myself, not smart enough to find it on the linked page:

newawaykitbig.jpg

Apparently Man U's second shirt matches this design. Royal blue shirt with red trim. I wonder if they aren't carrying a new third shirt since the second and alt shirts have been worn 2 plus years.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Looks like they're already wearing the ol' red, white and blue. :P

Same Nike template, so it's a good bet that this Arsenal away shirt is genuine.

At least red/white/blue are the colors of the UK's flag.

Maybe the Glazers can finish riling up the ManU faithful by putting a couple (or say, 50) stars on the jerseys. Or would that be too subtle? :D

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived