Marauders Logo Concept

Wordmarks are my biggest problem (obviously). I have a hard time trying to come up with one that fits the logo, and one that is unique and isn't overused. And I know that sometimes, a bad font choice can really detract from the overall quality of the logo, it's just the most trying part of the process for me. I'll give the custom font thing a try, (ever done it). :blink:

Do I just draw letters, or use a pre-existing font as a template? I guess I'm asking, do you know of a good way to start?

you can really go either way, even just modifying letters can do wonders. thats what i did on my big horns logos. the font was sf big whiskey and i altered it to look the way it does. on some upcoming ones i drew them out on paper and them scanned them and cleaned them up in illustrator.

time for me to give my thoughts on this logo.

I really like it, The colors are nice and the skeleton has that 50's feel with a modern exicution of it. I like the font as it is right now. I actually prefer the first one for some reason but the one that is showcased as the most recent concept isnt bad at all.

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

i'm with kcscout on the flags, and i think they might fit EVEN BETTER now that you have the skeleton at the helm of the ship - i love the way the wordmark gives the feel of a wave, although i agree there is still some work to do there - this logo is improving tremendously...can't wait to see the finished project!

jldesigns404eo.png

I definitely like the 2nd wordmark better than the 1st, but like joshuamings mentioned, they both give off a 50's horror movie vibe. I can't even draw stick figures, so I probably should just shut up. But overall, I dig the pirate very very much.

It's better, I definitely like the waves on the bottom, but the wordmark still looks like a horror movie font, although not as much as the others. I think its too much slashy (cant tell i just woke up lol). needs to be a lil spaced out to be more legible, also where the r and s come together the r is pretty illegible. on the skeleton i would work on the mouth, looks like hes got a plop faced grin on him. make him look mad, and you will be absolutely golden with this.

Archived