Illinois Basketball Concept

Lefty7

I like the direction, but have a couple critiques: First off, on both the white and orange, the back numbers feel way too small for how larget the names are, especially compared to how they are almost as big as "Illinois" on the front. I think a combination of enlargening the number and shrinking the name would do it. Second, the white oval under the white number on the orange is distracting. I like how you have the number orange and the oval blue on the white. Maybe you should try the oval blue under the white number (or vice versa) on the orange to avoid having the oval and number get lost in one-another.

Overall, I realy like it. I too like the inclusion of the Big 10 logo. College hockey teams have conference logos on their uniforms, as do many college football teams. Why not basketball?

Moose

Nah.

The script should be either the existing one for basketball or the old NY Giants-style that they use elsewhere. The oval behind the numbers gets in the way. What are all the swishes on the side panels?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hate to rain on your parade, but the NCAA is very anal when it comes to uniform design. So right off, the circle in back of the numerals is a big NCAA no-no. Also I believe that teams must wear white at home starting in 2006-07. No more orange or vegas gold at home. <_<

Other than that I like your designs, althought the lettering and numbers should both be two-color and the plain block numeral font doesn't go with the word mark.

I like Illinois's current set too much to wish a change on them. Their numbers are so distinctive, when you see them on an orange jersey, you know exactly what you're looking at. Truthfully, you could take the "ILLINOIS" off the front and you'd still know who you were watching.

Also, the oval behind but not fully around the numbers is a distraction. I don't like it on the Suns, I don't like it for the Illini. Especially when paired with standard varsity numerals.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived