Pacers, Pistons in for Logo Changes

GMS1122

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they dumped the old red ball from the '80s, and recolored the teal horsie with the tailpipes. I think they have an alternate with "PISTONS" arched across a basketball, but it doesn't look like the old one with "DETROIT" sitting on top of "PISTONS".

And why would they go and dump their new uniforms? They're only a couple years old, and they did a very smart update of their old Bad Boys unis. They righted the wrong they perpetrated with the teal outfits.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This is what the pistons have been primarily using for the most part although the recolored horse logo is said to be the primary. I like that it is an update of the old bball but for some reason i can't get into it because of the font. I don't see why they are changing so soon, especially while they are doing so great, but i welcome it. It looks a little to generic.

DET_443.gif

Either they will just designate the ball logo as the primary or, hopefully, they will take the font from the ball and put it over the recolored hose, which i actually like a lot, but always hated the tailpipes font.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Back when the Pistons went back to the Blue and Red unis, they didn't hide the fact that they were going to phase out the horse logo. NBA rules state something to the effect that they don't like teams changing logos every couple of years, but let the Pistons just re-color their existing logo, with the intent on dropping it later on down the line.

I don't have any "inside" scoop, but I'm anticipating that they'll just modify the "ball" logo some, and designate it as the primary.

I'm hoping they leave the Navy Blue and Silver in there though...

...oh, and SoxSteeler - that logo you posted (remote-linked from Chris's site I might add...that's a no-no), isn't quite the correct version. The actual one has a gradient effect on the Silver (not a good thing)...

This is what the pistons have been primarily using for the most part although the recolored horse logo is said to be the primary. I like that it is an update of the old bball but for some reason i can't get into it because of the font. I don't see why they are changing so soon, especially while they are doing so great, but i welcome it. It looks a little to generic.

DET_443.gif

I hope thats the ONLY change. Their unis are the best in the league, IMO.

Β 

Β 

I don't think the Pistons or Pacers need to change a thing. Both logos and uniforms are just fine.

The fact that Old Navy designed the current Pacers uniforms should be enough of a reason to change them...

I don't think the Pistons or Pacers need to change a thing.Β  Both logos and uniforms are just fine.

The fact that Old Navy designed the current Pacers uniforms should be enough of a reason to change them...

No, I was not aware of that, and yes, Old Navy does suck.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't think the Pistons or Pacers need to change a thing.Β  Both logos and uniforms are just fine.

No, I was not aware of that, and yes, Old Navy does suck.

While I agree that Old Navy sucks... I do like the Pacers uniforms.

Basically, what Starchild did, was perfect in terms of the uniforms and updating the logos.

IUe6Hvh.png

DetroitPistons_SLG_2002-9999.gif

This logo is primarily used on TV or video graphics. Since blends suck in all other applications, the solid ball is used then.

I remember the NJ Nets logo with the red white and blue blend. Now that was barfy. They tried to use it in non-video formats, with varied success.

NewJerseyNets5.GIF

In both of these cases, solid looks better. I don't mind highlights, if they are a solid color.

PANTONE, BTW do we (or you) know who's working on these new logos coming out?

Saw the mentioning of my Pistons concept last year... dug it up for ya'll.

PistonsLogoConcepts.jpg

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I thought the basketball has been slowly replacing the recolored horse for the Pistons. The basketball is at center court, seems to get used it more graphics, and more importantly, sucks less. Pistons look fine. Shouldn't touch a thing.

Pacers should go back to the Flo-Jo uniforms. Those were the best.

Clippers should phase out the Lakeresque logo and just use the script as the primary, and wear the Los Angeles road uniforms full-time away from home.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Archived