Suns throwbacks

ZoDogg34

Not too bad a deal, although, I like when teams do throwbacks where the color is actually different from anything in their current set - the Barkley-era black alt would have made a nice throwback.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Old NBA arenas were awesome.

I miss going to the Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phx. When I was a little kid we could go down by where the players came out from the locker room before the games...thins certainly have changed.

The Walter Davis/Tom Chambers '80s uniforms were always my favorite of the Suns' uniforms, and they've had some of the best uniforms in the NBA overall. Can't wait to see these. Are they including the copper trim like they had back then?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

davis_drive.jpg

These are hot. I'd love to see 'em on the court. They recently used a similar white home throwback, but they screwed up the numeral font. If they get it right this time I'll be thrilled. Dope unis.

I like the old Phoenix Suns look-- what was interesting was that the name/number and lettering on the uniforms was kind of an "old west" font, but (if my memory serves me correctly) it did not match the logo font.

By the way, anybody have a decent version of that old pre-Barkley era logo? (Before you jump on my back, Chris doesn't have one posted; I checked).

^_^

It is what it is.

Pre-Barkley? This?

phoe1.gif

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

The Suns Retro will be great if it is an authentic look. I can't stand it when a team calls the uniform a throwback when it is a mix from different uniforms.

I wish they could have the throwback courts.

I miss going to the Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phx. When I was a little kid we could go down by where the players came out from the locker room before the games...thins certainly have changed.

oooooh the Mad House at McDowell, now that brings back memories, my first basketball game was there back in 1988.

Hopefully I'll be able to grab me a Chuck Barkley jersey whenever these go on sale.

Why would there be a Chuck Barkley jersey, especially in that style?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My first NBA Game was at the MECCA. I remember the way the court was painted or colored with the M's on each side of the court.

Skyboxes have moved fans farther away from the action.

Hopefully I'll be able to grab me a Chuck Barkley jersey whenever these go on sale.

Why would there be a Chuck Barkley jersey, especially in that style?

92-93 Preseason. That is when he wore the old Uni's

92-93 Preseason. That is when he wore the old Uni's

Wow. I didn't know they wore 'em for the preseason - thanks lilg.

And Howboutthemfins is more of a hardcore fan than I thought.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They recently used a similar white home throwback, but they screwed up the numeral font.

Actually they didnt screw up the font. In the Suns first year (68-69) they used block numbers.

You can see it here if you look closely

FirstBasket.jpg

They switched to this style of numbers in the second year 69-70. Notice the letters in Phoenix are still rounded

69_70photo.jpg

They switched to the "western" style of lettering in 74-75. (like the pants)

7475_sm.jpg

And yes they did use this style in the 92-93 preseason

1109_mid.jpg

cb_preseason92.jpg

Here's my gear from that era

oldwarmup.JPG

sunshorts.JPG

Pre-Barkley? This?

phoe1.gif

The Suns had orange trim; not copper.

Kenny Rock's posted logo clearly shows a difference in the colors of the sun and the background near to it. And the NBA used to list the Suns' official colors as purple, orange and copper. I know the majority of the trim was orange, but was copper only in the logo - or at least not on the unis?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived