Suns throwbacks

ZoDogg34

Pre-Barkley? This?

phoe1.gif

I know that people talk about "hidden" images in logos, like the arrow in the FedEx logo, but there's always been something about this old Suns logo that I find fascinating. The font that they used for the word "SUNS" is designed as such where you can turn it upside down, and it looks the same. Funky, huh? :blink:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I know that people talk about "hidden" images in logos, like the arrow in the FedEx logo, but there's always been something about this old Suns logo that I find fascinating. The font that they used for the word "SUNS" is designed as such where you can turn it upside down, and it looks the same. Funky, huh? :blink:

i used to notice that too as a kid. its pretty sweet.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

you could say that...although the lettering styles between the original and the last pre-Barkley sets were wholly different, the jersey style was basically the same.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Biggest problem with their current jerseys: too much grey. Why grey? I liked the Barkley uniforms and these throwbacks in here. I'd love to see either replace the currents, or at least take the damn grey out of there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Biggest problem with their current jerseys: too much grey. Why grey? I liked the Barkley uniforms and these throwbacks in here. I'd love to see either replace the currents, or at least take the damn grey out of there.

I totally disagree. I think the grey is great on their jerseys, as it really brings out the purple. I happen to love the Suns current unis.

i agree 100%. i think the road unis would look miles better with orange side panels. someone should do a concept or a photoshop of that.

Kenny Rock's posted logo clearly shows a difference in the colors of the sun and the background near to it. And the NBA used to list the Suns' official colors as purple, orange and copper. I know the majority of the trim was orange, but was copper only in the logo - or at least not on the unis?

Correct. The only Copper was in the logo - it was NEVER in the unis. And, a lot of the time, the ball in the logo was colored Orange as well.

Probably to avoid having to reproduce a metallic color in print.

My first memory of the Suns in the late '60s were those unis. I saw them play in Buffalo many times in the '70s. I saw NBA games in the old Buffalo Aud and the Baahston Gaahden.

Phoenix always looked "classier" in those threads (The Hawk, VanArsdale, Adams) rather than the ones in use today. B)

Archived