Create-a-school

Discrim

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
about a week left, if ya got somethin post it by next week...the 31st.  anyway there we go.  currently we have no entries as of yet, and a few on the way.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

yall gonna wait til the last minute...i knew i shoulda made this a weekly challenge :P

neverthless, the deadline is as i set it, 10 pm central time July 31...a little more than six days and counting.  hope someone does something resembling a uniform...hell, if someone put out crap right now they'd win by default :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

I have a logo, football, basketball and hockey unis done, I'm just too lazy to convert them to .gifs, upload them and post them :D

you're gonna wait til the last minute, aren't ya? :;):  meh, everybody is, seems like.  i gotta get prestige up like shark's thing.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Okay I'll be first to throw my hat into the ring then!!

I made up a college- Bay State University. I mixed the colors of the Patriots and Celtics and hey presto!! The logo for the BSU Northerners is a bit ropey, but hey!

Basketball, Football and Soccer unis have been designed

C/P

http://uk.geocities.com/mark_gray74/BSUlogo.gif

There you go! At least anyone else who enters can console themselves with the idea they won't come last!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

don't know why, but i got the 'page is unavailable' when i checked.  thankfully it's gonna be up to the board to critique these and not me, cus i've just now been looking at a few netball pics...suffice to say phoenix's worst crap would look like a classic to me right now :o  i don't know about you but lime green, orange and black is a horrible combination :angry:

Perth Orioles netball

2016cubscreamsig.png

now that i've seen this, i must say i'm a fan of this despite the presentation.  ignoring that, i would not have thought of those colors starting out, and i like how you implemented them.

2016cubscreamsig.png

ok, so they have a high school feel...don't worry, a lot of schools have a high school feel to their unis.

2016cubscreamsig.png

now that i've seen this, i must say i'm a fan of this despite the presentation. ignoring that, i would not have thought of those colors starting out, and i like how you implemented them.

Thanx!! I did mean to clean it up a little more before entering it! But what the hell! $Except for the links with the Pats and Celtics being in the same area I wouldn't have chosen to put the colors together either! I didnt use the green and red as main colors in any of the uniforms, to save the christmas tree jibes! But I think as trim and piping they complemented the blue quite well! I was also considering making the arrow a feature on the football and soccer jerseys as it is on the Basketball jersey but thought that might be a bit ott, so shied away from it!

Nice job 49er fan btw!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I've got my entry ready. I did the Freed-Hardeman University Lions. It's a local college in my town. The main colors are maroon and a goldish yellow. The maroon on the baseball unis I did has a redder tint to it than the basketball and football ones, but it is supposed to be the same color. Anyway, here it is:

FHU Lions

on a reality check, okay chris you're golden. i've given my critiqes on saintsfan and 49erfan's entries, and i shall do the same with yours. i did notice the baseball maroon is slightly lighter, but someone casually glancing might not...don't sweat that part, sometimes teams at most schools don't use the exact same color set for every sport, but do stick to a general scheme (for example, my high school: football wears dark green, yellow, metallic gold and black; boys hoops wear vegas gold and a darker green; softball wears a lighter green and yellow; soccer wears green and white, etc.). that said, you used an overused color (black) as it should be used: as a nice complementing trim to the maroon and gold, and a nice dose of creativity in your use of text logos.

gentlemen, now we have a ballgame! :cool:

2016cubscreamsig.png

I said I was going to do these, but then I got caught up in Iron Crossover and Webdav designs and put these off till the last minute.  Anywho, here they are.

Baseball:  What can I say, they're clean and simple.  Some nice piping and boom, they're you go.  The Unis they currently don't have piping, have a block W on the hat, and the Kentucky Wildcat leaping over a W instead of a UK(This logo colored green white and gold.)  I couldn't find this logo, so, sorry.  The logo on the sleeves of my uni is the school seal. Baseball

Basketball:  Similar to what we use now.  Basketball isn't really my thing, so I did an update, but kept the same feel. Created the simple paw&W logo cause it looks kind of cool. BBall

Football: Our current football unis are bad.  Green jersey has white collar, no stripes of cuff colors,etc.  White jersey is the same with green collar.  Pants on both unis are plain white.  Socks are white.  Helmet is green with one white stripe, no logo.  My version is modeled after the Colts, because they do the best job of one color unis.  Paw and W on helmet.  

Football

Hockey:  We don't have a hockey team, but believe it or not, Georgia does have a high school hockey league on the club level.  I tried to go with something realistic that we might wear, like this customized Maple Leafs third set.  Home logo is a Wildcat head logo we use, but I couldn't find a good one on the school site.  Road logo is the Paw&W.  Hockey

Soccer:  Never done a soccer jersey before.  Crest is school seal.  Striping is Adidas style.Soccer

that's okay, last minute would be if you got this in thursday at 6:58 pm...anyway i gotta do my informal critique on these.

at least you knew which color you were using (see my last post before this one), and teh fact that these are all nice, clean designs (never thought i'd say that, did ya?) merit a good pat on teh back and a 2-liter :)

baseball is a good take on a traditional design, and i like that the alternate home isn't just the home without sleeves.  the wildcat "W" would have added to this but don't apologize for its absence, not your fault

soccer reminds me of one of the local teams up here(not my high school, one of the private ones).  and i must say i like the execution, i wish more schools would use a similar style so i could figure out who was who.

you chose good teams to model hockey and football after, the leafs and colts truly do one color better than anyone in north american sports.  i see what you mean about not being able to find a good home logo, though.  i would have spent a good five minutes at least trying to figure out what that was, a la the old Morgan State Bear head

basketball reminds me of what would come out if duke's and arizona's uniforms made babies...a classic look which is enhanced by the paw logo.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I've fixed the color on the baseball uniforms. I had intended to use the same color that is on the others, but I forgot to readjust the color on the baseball after I converted it to .GIF. If fixing that after I posted it is against the rules for this contest, I can put the wrong color version back up, but the color is the only thing i've changed.

If fixing that after I posted it is against the rules for this contest, I can put the wrong color version back up, but the color is the only thing i've changed.

my ruling on this: no rules were broken, as the contest is still going on and some schools are inconsistent with color anyway (mostly high schools and smaller colleges). also, if you're wondering if your use of black trim breaks any rules, no it doesn't. if you had a primarily black jersey, however, i would have asked you to make said jersey maroon or else designate it as an alternate. :D

so you're good to go, chris

2016cubscreamsig.png

It's gonna come down to the wire tomorrow, but I will get mine in...

don't worry, you got half a day, i'm not worried.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived