Create-a-school

Discrim

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is my concepts. Logo belongs to the Zephyr hat company, template is Roger Clemente's, and the rest is mine. It's the University of Colorado Buffaloes, so I kept the basic colors changed the gold abit and added grey on the hockey jersey. c/p warning file size are big

Buffs Basketball

Buffs Hockey

Voodoo, I think you put extra slashes in there.

Mine are coming soon, I think I have just over an hour, and it shouldn't be that long...

I did a design set for my own high school. We are the Wentzville Holt High School Indians. We are commonly reffered to as Wentzville, but with a new school in the district, Wentzville Timberland High School--known mostly as Timberland, I felt that an H should become a little more prominent in our athletics, though I am fine with keeping our main name Wentzville.

Our official colors are Blue and Gold (Yellow), with Red as an official but minor alternate color. I did not add any colors. I used them like most of our current uniforms in the sense that I kept the jerseys and trim to Blue and Gold, but with a touch of Red in the logo.

I kept a consistent striping pattern on all of the jerseys, but sizing it in different ways to fit the individual sport. The striping matches the numbers, and for the most part the logos too.

I feel I have a good clean design that is realistic for a high school to have. And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, the unvieling.

Wentzville Holt High School Indians

Logos

Basketball

Baseball

Football

Hockey

i will add my informal critique for voodoo and STL in a moment or two, but i must do something first.

The Create-A-School Challenge started out slowly but, like that Marshall-ECU game a few years ago, there was a flurry of activity late, and now we are at the end of the rope as far as submitting anything....I officially announce that the Create-A-School Challenge is....OH-VAH!!!!  Done!  Finito!!!  The poll will be up momentarily, i gotta end Iron Crossover now  :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

discrim - will there be another..i would love to do one in the future

yeah, i'm gonna start a new one sunday night. i already know what i'm gonna have everyone do, but i gotta leave ya hangin til then. be warned, it's one of the most difficult things to work with.

anyway, the poll is now up, and voting will end officially after 8 pm CT/6 pm PT Sunday night, after which i will announce the winner(stupidly, i forgot to mention that on the poll.)

2016cubscreamsig.png

It will end tomorrow? That seems a little soon Discrim. I'd reccomend three days at least.

i had meant to say sunday night, my bad.  well it says sunday night now

clarifying, voting will be official at 8 pm central time/6 pm pacitic time on Sunday night....so vote wisely. :cool:

2016cubscreamsig.png

and now, my critique:

voodoo: these colorado concepts have a world of potential, and if you're wondering i'll clarify that you did not break any rules by adding gray to the hockey jerseys, as the logo you used has gray in it and the football team used gray striping a few years ago.  anyhow, basic hoops design with the little patch...but why is it blank?  and on the hockey, another basic design jazzed up a bit with the bottom stripe and sleeve being different colors(usually, this type of thing is the same color)

STL: the logos are well done, and ironic that your school uses the blues' old color scheme.  the basketball uniform is clean and simple yet has a unique twist with the shorts striping peaking.  the baseball ones remind me of the braves' 70s pullovers w/o the feather sleeves, which is a good thing.  unfortunately, i don't know if it's the mesh or what, but the football uniform, particularly the road, seems like you tried to do too much there.  onward to hockey, looks like the football jersey except better use of striping and logos.  speaking of the logos, you performed a clever implementation of the 'H' inside the 'W'...basically, you have captured the quintessential high school feel (then again, so did 9erfan, unintentionally)

2016cubscreamsig.png

I thought about goin all the way and using the feather on the sleeves designs for my baseball jerseys, but decided I didn't want to go that far with it.

As for the football jerseys, I'm not sure where you see it having too much, as I see it as pretty plain.

Nonetheless, I thank you for your critique.

As for the football jerseys, I'm not sure where you see it having too much, as I see it as pretty plain.

Nonetheless, I thank you for your critique.

you got the shoulder #, the indian logo, the stripes...if the jersey is in the modern day cut (short as hell sleeves), something would have to go.  if they're in the 80s cut (actual sleeves like my Walter Payton throwback or my old varsity road jersey), then i could see this as usable.  i prefer the latter sleeve cut myself cus players, esp. linemen, they look like they're wearing those fashion jerseys the league markets to the ladies...that ain't right, man.  i know it's so you don't get grabbed, but still.

2016cubscreamsig.png

all i know is, at the moment STL having a page featuring the logos he used is probably giving him a huge edge in the voting, he leads by a wide margin, with 49erfan a distant second. i think a lot of thought was put into all of em but STL's logos put him over the top as far as winning this thing...we shall see on sunday, though.  

my prediction at this point is that STL will win, with Sabres and 49erfan attempting a comeback but falling short.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Very good work everyone. Especially STL.

My two cents...the "indian" head is the weakest part of the set. There needs to be more definition to set his face apart from the head dress.

ANd the standalone "WH" is great...but the H gets a little lost. I'm all about negative space too and I think your's functions well when the entire school name is visible. But on, for instance, the baseball cap with just WH...it gets weaker. Maybe a thicker stroke of blue between the two letters?

ALso, not that your wordmark needs it....but it looks like there would be room for peace pipe element on top of the workmark. The pipe part comprising the negative space in the H. Plus those where adorned with feathers so it wouldn't necessarily be overdoing the reference? follow? maybe too much though.

Great work.

This is for your highschool right?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived