The sle goes membership

IowaFan26

I contributed to the SLE a long, long time ago -- gave him the new (in 2000) St. Louis Rams logo (the Ram head logo) that I created in Illustrator -- it was replaced some time last year (Ryan either re-created it or just fixed a few of the details... especially around the eye)

Is that enough to get me back into the site?  I enjoy going there -- I have used many of the logos for ideas in creating logos for the fantasy football and baseball teams in my leagues.

He needs to rather than just accept posters here, do a small background check, like amount of posts, and time here, and check a couple of there threads to see if they are legit.

Agreed, but then you have the case of if someone joins here not of theSLE membership [if you use the amount of posts and time here]. Then again, you could always check with Chris or a couple people here about the member....

He needs to rather than just accept posters here, do a small background check, like amount of posts, and time here, and check a couple of there threads to see if they are legit.

Agreed, but then you have the case of if someone joins here not of theSLE membership [if you use the amount of posts and time here]. Then again, you could always check with Chris or a couple people here about the member....

This is true... I have an execellent understanding of who's who on this board, and who's not

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ok so im a wee bit confused on how this goes.

There is an essay that needs to be written?  is that for all of us? Im asking because there are a handful of people who consistantly contribute in here and the fantasy leagues, and well it seems a background check would be arbitrary for those.

Another query.

Do i get penalized or applauded (or mearly accepted in the SLEclub) for saving many of the zip files, knowing the site would get forever bogged?  It should be known I did it purely innocently and helpfully.

BTW i can help those who need something, i dont have everything, but a lot of the major 4 sports.

:D

ok, I'm new here, this is my first post. I've been to Ryan's site, and I love it. But, by going membership, exactly who is he trying to exclude? And a 100 word essay on what? Why I love logos? Why I need access to his site? I don't really understand. can someone explain why?

From the News section of thesle.com

The Update:  

I am almost done editing the site and user system. Registration will start soon, until then, no e-mail requests for memberships, unless you have contributed a vector logo to the site. I will penalize people who e-mail membership requests with accounts, which are all immediately suspended indefinitely (probably a month suspension). This may seem harsh, but I am trying to get this set up as fast as I can, so taking time to give one person an advance membership will only hurt everyone. (see The Tragedy of the Commons).

The Situation:  

I have locked all of the pages on the site. The smarter of all of you probably know "hacks" around this, but don't tell everyone these tricks, or I will have to remove them as well. As of now, there are still some bugs in the user system, most involve logging off. Once these are fixed, I will send out preliminary memberships to the Sports Logo "aristocracy" (owners of sports logo sites and major SLE logo contributors). After that is done (about a week of beta testing), I will set up a registration for everyone to sign up. I will make sign ups limited though, with everyone given a password only after I accept them and registration will not be devoid of a short essay around 100 words explaining WHY you want access. For most of you, this should just be: ?I visit the C.C.S.L.P. Message Board and love sports logos?, along with any other 'crud' that would help convince me you are not a bandwidth leech or a sign company looking for some easy cash. Anyone who posts at the C.C.S.L.P. Message Board should not have problems signing up. Furthermore, the site will be split into raster and vector. As many have said, they don?t use vector (and therefor, can?t contribute logos), so these people will not be able to download vector. Those of whom contributed (vector) logo, along with the many that have shown a legal need for the vectors, will get a vector access. I will still read e-mails at ryan@thesle.com but I will only reply to select few, as the more time I spend writing e-mails, the less I spend getting the site back up.

Like others, I was not aware of this board until I read about it on the SLE.  I just recently started doing logo creation full time and I'm trying to get better at it.  I found that being able to use some logos from the SLE helped me with aspects on my own creations.  I plan to be an avid contributor to this board, as well as the SLE (assuming acceptance).  I wish that I spent more time in the past looking through Chris' site to find this board.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

I applaud the sle for going membership. Hopefully it'll mean the site can better serve the audience it was intended for instead of people who take advantage.

I havent personally contributed to the logo archive yet, but i'm working on a few "historical" hockey logos in vector format and hope to add them. (just waiting to get a better paint program than psp7) In particular I've been studying the early Leafs crests and have made accurate logos from the 30s-60s that havent been visually documented anywhere else.

I have already read the messages on Ryan's site. Thank you.

What I'm asking is what qualifies you to get a membership and what doesn't. I haven't contributed any logos as of yet, I but I am planning on it. With working full-time, it takes awhile to vectorize logos. So I guess that might qualify me. What else? If you aren't graphically inclined what do you do then?

And what is the 100 word essay all about? Write 100 words on why you should have a membership? Writing has never been my strong point....that's why I do graphics for a living. My essay would be a sentence like " I like sports and logos so that's why I should have a membership" ....I'm sure that wouldn't fly.

I'm just trying to find out it trying to get a membership is going to be easy or something that I would rather just not deal with trying to do.

The words out of ryan's mouth about the essay are

I will make sign ups limited though, with everyone given a password only after I accept them and registration will not be devoid of a short essay around 100 words explaining WHY you want access. For most of you, this should just be: ?I visit the C.C.S.L.P. Message Board and love sports logos?, along with any other 'crud' that would help convince me you are not a bandwidth leech or a sign company looking for some easy cash. Anyone who posts at the C.C.S.L.P. Message Board should not have problems signing up.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Archived