New Bearcat logo escapes early

js °

Yeah, this was covered a couple of months ago, and I even have the story up on my site.

However...the bandwidth-stealing bastiches have shut my site down until the 23rd again.

Bastiches.

:cursing:

I dont like it. UC spent $35,000 just to to add upsidedown comas and italicize it. I know they were just going to update the Cpaw but if you spend that much money to do that you wasted alot of money. It was also said they were going to make it more fierce for the Big East. Ooohh italicizing, now that is fierce! :cursing:

Signature intentionally left blank

5768ruvr.jpg

I remember this story. I laughed my ass off because they found it at the freakin Kroger. Couldn't have made that up :lol:

Anyways, it's a nice upgrade. Not a $35,000 upgrade, but a nice upgrade nonetheless.

I dont like it. UC spent $35,000 just to to add upsidedown comas and italicize it. I know they were just going to update the Cpaw but if you spend that much money to do that you wasted alot of money. It was also said they were going to make it more fierce for the Big East. Ooohh italicizing, now that is fierce! :cursing:

As I said in the previous thread about this logo, that amount of money wasn't solely for the logo re-design. There are so many expenses involved with a rebranding project of this scale that the average person doesn't know about.

This isn't a job that one designer could pull of. There are so many other people that would be involved on a project like this.

It's been said before . . . nice update . . . I like it, but not at the amount of money they spent. Still, simple modifications made it look better. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Yeah, this was covered a couple of months ago, and I even have the story up on my site.

However...the bandwidth-stealing bastiches have shut my site down until the 23rd again.

Bastiches.

:cursing:

Set up hot-link protection, stops em everytime

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Like Avenger said. The 35G isn't a fattie check going to some guy like us knocking this concept out on his home computer.

Not that we couldn't do the work.

But instead school (A) asks for proposals from design firms. After chosing one they'll draft an engagement letter spelling out the project parameters, timeline and budget.

But that budget (in this case 35 large) contains estimated staff hours. Hours not only for work done, but time in meetings, on the phone, in transit etc. They also build in costs for other out of pocket costs and supplies, hiring people to run focus groups.

Plus, the firm probably put together collateral marketing pieces, ticket selling and fundraising strategies to go with the new logo.

Teams just want to feel comfortable and somehow, paying a lot more for that comfort is obviously pretty common.

You or I might come up with the same new logo or even better......but with an established firm there is a higher reliability, accountability, comfort zone there.

Sucks but true.

And oh yeah, I like the new look a lot.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived