Minor league baseball question

ZoDogg34

City nickname?

That's pretty lame.

Maybe the D-Backs should get a logo that says VOS interlocking (Valley of the Sun)

it's no dumber than TC for "twin cities"...

but that's just my opinion.

City nickname?

That's pretty lame.

Maybe the D-Backs should get a logo that says VOS interlocking (Valley of the Sun)

it's no dumber than TC for "twin cities"...

but that's just my opinion.

I think it's WAY dummer.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

While we're on the topic of the Rochester Red Wings, I'm a Rochester native and I couldn't help but notice that they seem to have gone back to a black jersey as their primary home jersey.

A little history: In 1997 when they moved to their new stadium (Frontier Field) they introduced new uniforms - they featured a black home jersey with white pants (home) and a normal grey away kit.

In 1998 they introduced a white sleeveless jersey to be worn for Sunday home games.

In 2000 (possibly 1999?) they switched to a white (sleeved) home jersey which was identical to the black (with the obvious exception), and also incorporated a red sleeveless alternate (replacing the white one) to be worn on Sunday home games.

It seems for 2005 they've switched back to the blacks at home. I was just wondering is this is "official" or just player preferences.

IMHO this is a regression. I think the Red Wings have some of the best uniforms in the minor leagues and would hate to see the black become their primary home uniform again :(

Sadly I believe the Wings HAVE made black their official home uniform for 2005. The Wings' original colors were red and navy, after the original parent St. Louis Cardinals. When they changed to the Orioles in 1961 they kept the navy, actually making it the color of their sleeves, belts and socks.

Somewhere in the '80s someone came up with black as the second color and here we are today. I could see a stretch with the O's connection regarding the black, but the Twins are red and NAVY. Let's go back there and put the black to rest.

Note to Mockba- I've been watching the Red Wings since before most of you guys were born. I worked for the company that sold the Wings their uniforms at one time, so the attacks on my team were personal. I'm not mad at these guys, just mad at the fact that they went after something that is very dear to me. Nuf ced.

As a native of Rochester as well, we are known as both the Flower City and, going old school, in the 1800's were known as the Flour City. It's a nice tribute to the parent team, especially after the way Baltimore choked the life out Rochester baseball for the last half decade.

P.S.: Skychiefs and Bison (even though they are with the Tribe) suck. :P

ducks-large.jpg

It stands for "Flour City"/"Flower City".

And it's not worn very often, only during Batting Practice and occasionally if their wearing a special uniform (like last year they were in Negro League uniforms, and since they couldn't find any pictures of what the minor negro league Rochester American-Giants wore, they just wore FC hats).

I personally like it, since it helps identify with the city I live in. And it's just clever how it imitates the Twins design.

Also, about the Black Unis, I say they should keep them, the last time they wore black-uniforms, they won the Governor's Cup.

And it's a lot better then the "Irish day" hat that they wear once every year to salute the Irish people living in Rochester:

984608215.jpg

Insert Witty Signature Here.

What is this cap?

What does FC stand for? I understand they are the Twins AAA team and they want to have hats that resemble their parent club but I don't get it.

P0068187.jpg

i like it. i think its cleaver how the twins have a "TC" and its just as cleaver that the wings have a "FC", besides its much better then the stupid cartoon on their regular hats.

It is good that we in Rochester "pay homage " to our parent club..the Twins. It is a great lloking lid, and solidifies our relationship with the Twins. Since the trade off from the O's to the Twins, this has seemed like a great relatoinship..The Twins actually seem to give a darn on what is goin' on down here, and stocking us with some talent that actually have the shot at being major leaguers, see Justin Morneau, Joe Mauer, Terry Tiffee, and the such...I like the correlation between the two, and proud to be living ing in the " Flour City".

Yeah, I like it too. I think it's classy, it fits in well with the parent's club moniker and it pays tribute to the city's history.

Good stuff.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I didn't know how many of my fellow uniform geeks were also from Rochester!

For the record, I agree that the cartoon bird sucks. Although I love the unifroms, I've hated "Spikes" ever since his introduction. Someday when I get the time I'm going to come up with a Red Wings uniform concept sans-Spikes. Maybe I'll submit it to their management.

I think my favorite Red Wings cap logo was the ball-with-wings that they had for their batting practice cap previous to the "FC". That'd be cool as a full-time cap (like it was in the 60's).

On a semi-related topic, one time I contacted the administrators of "www.redwingsbaseball.com" and offered to do a graphic uniform history of the Red Wings. It would be similar to "Dressed to the nines" or Okkonnen's book. They turned me down and said they already have one in the works. That was 2 years ago and I still haven't seen anything like it on the site. Oh well.

I like it...very nice touch and a good alliteration to the parent club (Twins with the TC for Twin Cities, Rochester with the FC for the Flower/Flour City)...

What's to say the Twins AA affiliate in New Britain will end up introducing a HC hat at some point for Hardware City?

Then again, the original name of the team was "Hardware City Rock Cats" when they came into existance in '95...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I've been to 4 games at Frontier so far this young season and they've yet to sport that cap in any game.

I've have tix for 5 more games slated in the next 2 months and wouldn't mind seeing them worn at least once. Anyone know if these can be purhased at Frontier?

I like it, as long as it's worn on special occasions and not too often.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The FC lids can indeed be purchased in the team shop, they have the authentic and replicas in there. About the black home jerseys, I am kinda on the fence with them...I like them, but I believe that home should wear white except for special occasions or Sunday home games...by the way, when did this become the norm (the Sunday home jersey)? All in all, I like the Wings overall look...I don't even mind the cartoon bird.

BC_RochNY If you're referencing the red sleeveless, they haven't been "religious" about wearing them on Sundays - occasionally they'll wear them on a Saturday, or for the second game of a double-header. Probably based on the preference of the pitcher as is customary.

Archived