new Michigan road jerseys

Discrim

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aside from the barely visible maize pinstripe around the shoulder, and the different materials under the number, is this any different from the current roads?

ya there isn't an m on the sleeve and the numbers have been moved from the shoulder to the sleeve, god are they ugly.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

It looks more traditional and I have to say compliments the helmet better than last year's jersey. Though I think the previous one to the M sleeve uni was better than either one.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The only thing I don't like is the way the shoulder material now stretches down under the number, Miami-style. I also don't like the sewn-on numbers. Our old heavy screen was very classy. As a former manager for the UM team, I'm undecided about the jerseys. I like the concept, not so much the materials. Either way, I already bought one. :cry::D

spikes.jpg

The Nike logo on the collar is tacky. Collar logos should be school logos, not brands. I'd rather see the Nike logo where it was, or just on the sleeves. Why not put the missing M logo at the bottom of the collar?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

20wh_new2.jpg

can't really say it's an improvement, but I can't say it sucks either.

I kind of liked the old ones better b/c it had both colors on the sleeve stripes.

john1117.jpg

bry1117.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The only thing I don't like is the way the shoulder material now stretches down under the number, Miami-style. I also don't like the sewn-on numbers. Our old heavy screen was very classy. As a former manager for the UM team, I'm undecided about the jerseys. I like the concept, not so much the materials. Either way, I already bought one. :cry::D

Wait- you think screening is classier than tackle twill?

Different strokes I guess... I've just never heard that sentiment before.

The only thing I don't like is the way the shoulder material now stretches down under the number, Miami-style. I also don't like the sewn-on numbers. Our old heavy screen was very classy. As a former manager for the UM team, I'm undecided about the jerseys. I like the concept, not so much the materials. Either way, I already bought one.  :cry:  :D

I agree. I have always thought tackle twill is much classier than screening.

What's the deal with a whole bunch of schools putting the TV numbers on the sleeves??

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The only thing I don't like is the way the shoulder material now stretches down under the number, Miami-style. I also don't like the sewn-on numbers. Our old heavy screen was very classy. As a former manager for the UM team, I'm undecided about the jerseys. I like the concept, not so much the materials. Either way, I already bought one.  :cry:  :D

I was with the team when we went away from the tackle twill, and the screen was a heavy screen, not a cheap, replica-type screen. And for our jerseys, it was real nice, and unique. The jersey material was a thicker mesh, and tackle-twill looked odd on it. The only thing I don't like on these jerseys is the solid shoulder material continuing down the front, and the mesh insets on the shoulders of the home uniform. The home jersey shouldn't have been touched.

spikes.jpg

This is still the greatest college football jersey anyway...

10.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

A side note, my senior year, Nike tried their reidentification program with the Michigan program. They had concepts ready to convert which included a radical overhaul of our home, road, and a creation of an alternate, jersey. They were very radical, Miami-style (2000-2003), and even had the block "MICHIGAN" on the unis. Needless to say, Lloyd shot them down instantly, and our home will never be touched (the basic design). When I get a sec I'll draw them up and post them, it was a hideous design.

spikes.jpg

Archived