Something i noticed

random

until yesterday i had never noticed that the Toronto Maple Leafs actually have 2 primary logos. one is the blue leaf they wear at home and one is the white leaf they wear on the road. they are just simple reversals of each other, but i guess when i saw it my brain always just assumed they were the same logo without realizing they were actuallly opposites. i feel like a bad jersey/logo fan for not realizing this. my question to everybody is....is Toronto the only team that does this? or do others do it and i've jsut over looked them too?

PS: also, can someone tell me why its "LEAFS" and not "LEAVES"? again, just wondering.

Azzuri.gif

The red wings, may or may not reverse their colours on the road... the nhl style guide lists it as only one logo.

they are the leafs because in 1927 the owner wanted to call them that, named after an old amateur team he coached i believe.  he knew it was an error, but did it matter at the time? nicknames weren't all that important in the 20s

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

You beat me to it chigger. The Flames used to do this with the C, and hopefully go back to it. Of course right now, the Flames, Caps, and Thrashers (more?) have completely different logos on their primary jerseys. the background triangle on the Ducks logo is logo is green on white, and silver on purple. The Preds background triangle is either not on their darks, or blends in. The letters on the Rangers jersey change drop shadow colors, and the Stars jersey features Dallas in different colors.

Archived