Conference Finals

Gary

Alright, time to explain that...

I'm basing that pick on the fact that the Suns ran train on the Spurs this year, when they had Steve Nash. And normally I'd take the defensive team over the offensive juggernaut, but they're too damn good, the Suns are.

Now the Heat, on the other hand, they ain't no Suns, and that's why Detroit will have their way with them IMO.

Thanks for clarifying Flame...

Heat aren't the Suns...agreed. The Suns ran train over the Spurs (when Duncan didn't play)...agreed.

However, Suns are without JJ this time around, and the Spurs have way more size to compete with Amare and Marion than either the Grizzlies and the Mavs had. I see the Spurs clogging the lanes much more effectively than the Mavs. I see Manu giving Nash, Barbosa, JimmyJ, and Q the run for their money when the Spurs are on offense. Bruce Bowen won't let Nash drive to the hoop. I just don't see the Suns offense cracking the Spurs in seven games.

The Heat-Pistons series will be a great one. The Heat's offense is playing great in the playoffs - I think they are averaging 104 pts a game, so they're clicking. A more-healthy Shaq is necessary. Remember, the Pistons did not shut down Shaq last year - he averaged over 27 ppg in the Finals. Eddie Jones seems to have found his rythm. Detroit's defense is incredible. The matchups are insane. I think Miami's defense has a slight advantage over Detroit's offense though - the Pistons are never going to be the Showtime Lakers, and really, Rip, Rasheed, and maybe Billups are the main focus. Prince is average (maybe below average) shooter. Ben will have a tough time with Shaq. Great series. I think Miami's home court advantage, plus their week+ of rest will be the difference.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Alright, time to explain that...

I'm basing that pick on the fact that the Suns ran train on the Spurs this year, when they had Steve Nash. And normally I'd take the defensive team over the offensive juggernaut, but they're too damn good, the Suns are.

Now the Heat, on the other hand, they ain't no Suns, and that's why Detroit will have their way with them IMO.

Thanks for clarifying Flame...

Heat aren't the Suns...agreed. The Suns ran train over the Spurs (when Duncan didn't play)...agreed.

However, Suns are without JJ this time around, and the Spurs have way more size to compete with Amare and Marion than either the Grizzlies and the Mavs had. I see the Spurs clogging the lanes much more effectively than the Mavs. I see Manu giving Nash, Barbosa, JimmyJ, and Q the run for their money when the Spurs are on offense. Bruce Bowen won't let Nash drive to the hoop. I just don't see the Suns offense cracking the Spurs in seven games.

The Heat-Pistons series will be a great one. The Heat's offense is playing great in the playoffs - I think they are averaging 104 pts a game, so they're clicking. A more-healthy Shaq is necessary. Remember, the Pistons did not shut down Shaq last year - he averaged over 27 ppg in the Finals. Eddie Jones seems to have found his rythm. Detroit's defense is incredible. The matchups are insane. I think Miami's defense has a slight advantage over Detroit's offense though - the Pistons are never going to be the Showtime Lakers, and really, Rip, Rasheed, and maybe Billups are the main focus. Prince is average (maybe below average) shooter. Ben will have a tough time with Shaq. Great series. I think Miami's home court advantage, plus their week+ of rest will be the difference.

Joe Johnson will be in uniform when the Suns play the Spurs

Joe Johnson will be in uniform when the Suns play the Spurs

I didn't know that until you posted that lilg. Thank ya.

For the record, Spurs won the season series over the Suns 2-1. The Suns' win was by six, without Duncan in the Spurs' lineup. One of the Spurs' wins was a 21-point decision at SBC.

So the Suns didn't "run train" over the Spurs, like I originally thought and agreed with. My mistake.

Joe Johnson will be in uniform when the Suns  play the Spurs

For the record, Spurs won the season series over the Suns 2-1. The Suns' win was by six, without Duncan in the Spurs' lineup. One of the Spurs' wins was a 21-point decision at SBC.

So the Suns didn't "run train" over the Spurs, like I originally thought and agreed with. My mistake.

Oh wow, I thought it was the other way around :P

That's what happens when you argue with opinion, instead of fact, so my bad there as well :D

Joe Johnson will be in uniform when the Suns  play the Spurs

that's why the playoffs are a whole new season. The records are swiped clean and we see a whole new ballgame. Should be a great series

For the record, Spurs won the season series over the Suns 2-1.  The Suns' win was by six, without Duncan in the Spurs' lineup.  One of the Spurs' wins was a 21-point decision at SBC.

I just stated that, Einstein. Last post of page 1. <_<

Didn't the Spurs go 2-0 against the Suns this year when Duncan was in the lineup?? 

6uXNWAo.png

I just stated that, Einstein. Last post of page 1. <_<

Yeah I saw it, Voltaire. That's why I went and looked it up, so see what the boxscores looked like, and what dates the games were. Give me a f'in break.

Archived