The Mets are in what they should be in

jkrdevil

This is only the second or third time of the SEASON, not week (which it should be) that the Mets have worn a white jersey with a BLUE hat. Wouldn't it make sense that the Mets wear their alts more than their primaries?? Typical Mets. :wacko: And not only that, the jackets worn by the coaching staff, guess what?? It has the alternate colors (BLACK) and the alt logo.

Count me as another one who prefers the white uniforms - why the Mets decided to honor the Yankees by adopting pinstripes is beyond me....

And no black. None at all. The Mets have proven that they can't handle it.

Blue - Dodgers

Orange - Giants

Pinstripes - Yankees.

Makes sense to me.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Count me as another one who prefers the white uniforms - why the Mets decided to honor the Yankees by adopting pinstripes is beyond me....

And no black.  None at all.  The Mets have proven that they can't handle it.

Blue - Dodgers

Orange - Giants

Pinstripes - Yankees.

Makes sense to me.

yes, but u see it was their intention to honor only new york's past national leauge teams. blue for the dodgers, orange for the giants. the black drop shadow is ok as long as it stays as just a drop shadow (no black logos or jeresy). then you could say blue and white for the dodgers and orange and black for the giants. the yankees are in the american leauge, so why they felt they had to honor them is a mystery.

I think it's kind of funny how only recently I've really seen the argument about how the Mets shouldn't wear pinstripes because of the Yankees... The Mets have worn pinstripes for decades, have won a couple World Series in them, why they can't claim the pinstripes as their own is beyond me, it's like they found the Red Sox's old inferiority complex wandering around in the street and gave it a new home.

As for the black, I really dig the black alternates, but every time they wear that black cap with the blue bill w/ any jersey combo it looks horrible.

I seem to be in the minority when I say that I really liked the 'racing stripes' the mid 80s Mets had.

I liked those too, espescially on the blue alt.

I'll join your little group in saying those pinstriped Mets with the Orange-Blue-Orange Side Stripes are what I see when I think METS. It's 1986 all over again! 1984-1986 are MY Golden age of baseball. So my opinions of uniforms stem from that time...esp. 1986 since those are the unis I like best...except the Braves. Their current look is far better.

Then again I also think pinstripes, P on the left breast and solid side stripe when I think of the Phillies. Oh well. Them's the breaks.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

And no black.  None at all.  The Mets have proven that they can't handle it.

Blue - Dodgers

Orange - Giants

Pinstripes - Yankees.

Makes sense to me.

But here's the difference. The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Dodgers don't exist anymore and have never existed during the time the Mets existed. However the Yankees existed before the Mets and the entire time the Mets have been in existance. Not only have they just existed but they are them Mets rival both on the field and buisness wise. The are buisness competitors. You shouldn't dress like your rival.

And I don't want to hear tradition because the Mets don't have tradition when it comes to the uniforms. They have basically followed all the trends. Had they kept there original uniforms there may be an argument. But the pullovers, the racing stripes, and different New Yorks on the road and finally and most importantly the addition of all the black recently negates any tradion the Mets have with the uniforms. On top of all of this they already have a well established plain white uniform. So they aren't tied to the pinstripes.

Plus, personally I think the Mets look better sans pinstripes.

The Mets should wear pinstripes as they have worn them since 1962. The white uniforms date back to the mid 1990's. The whites are better than the black but whenever I think about the Mets I think pinstripes and no black. The pinstripes have 43 years of history behind them although the whites (with blue hat) look great too.

Archived