wearing a jacket in baseball

stimpy

SO glad the Jays are in the AL, so I don't have to deal with this madness.

Pitchers batting? SCANDALOUS!!! ;)

We should all remember Todd Stottlemyre trying to go from 1st to 3rd on a single in the 1993 world series -- wearing a winter jacket

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

A jacket is much bulkier than a uniform top, thus making it easier to get hit by a pitch. Not that the current fashion trend of baggy jerseys and body armor doesn't eliminate this possibility either, but that's the idea.

Plus, jackets have pockets, and the possibility of a ball getting stuck in the pockets also exists.

If you can't WEAR A JACKET TO THE PLATE, why would it be easier to get hit by a pitch??????????????

I was answering the question of why players CANNOT wear jackets to the plate.

oh sorry. I completely misunderstood the message.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Pitchers shouldn't be allowed to wear a jacket out on the field period. If they are on the basepath then they should tough it out.

Right. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In fact, we should just go ahead and ban all trainers, physicians and all medical treatment..

I don't care if they wear jackets or not, but I do think they should maybe have special jackets that look like the uniform a little. Kind of like those grey dugout jackets that came out last year, but have home and away. That way it wouldn't look as noticable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

alright i finally registered for this forum after reading it for a while but neglecting to register due to my lack of any art talent whatsoever...but i like uniforms and all that shabang

but anyway, ANY player im pretty sure can wear a jacket on the basepaths, just not in the field or at bat.

SO glad the Jays are in the AL, so I don't have to deal with this madness.

Pitchers batting? SCANDALOUS!!!  ;)

We should all remember Todd Stottlemyre trying to go from 1st to 3rd on a single in the 1993 world series -- wearing a winter jacket

oh man, how could i forget that.

he dove into third, faceplanted, and got a huge raspberry on his chin. lasted for the rest of the series.

Archived