Las Vegas trying to get NBA All-Star Game

appleclock

Well the Utah Jazz could always move to Las Vegas...

It's not like anyone likes them anyways...

Oh yeah, a team that was #8 in total and average attendence this past year. 229031_laughing.GIF

I think the Raptors are far more likely to move than the Jazz.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

That would be bad the NBA needs a Canadian presance they need to keep the Raptors.

And why is this?

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

That would be bad the NBA needs a Canadian presance they need to keep the Raptors.

And why is this?

I think a better reason is that the NBA needs at least one international team if they hope to expand into Europe in the years to come. It's not like they can just go throw a team down in Mexico.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The Jazz could move to Mexico and become the Mexico City Mariachis

Hey with a city of 29,000,000 you could build a huge ass arena and sell it out every night, unless the team sucks or the Mexican National Team is playing at Estadio Azteca.

Hey with a city of 29,000,000 you could build a huge ass arena and sell it out every night, unless the team sucks or the Mexican National Team is playing at Estadio Azteca.

Why change their name? The name Jazz would have just as much relevance to Mexico City as it does to Utah.

IUe6Hvh.png

That and their team is declining. The Kings are no longer contenders and won't be for a while. It's Peja's team now and I'm sorry but he's just not good enough to carry them to the promise land. Yeah, yeah, I know they have Miller, Bibby, Mobley but that's still not enough out in the West.

By your logic the Clippers should have moved out of L.A. years ago. Hell, the Lakers declined - should they move? The Knicks don't have a hint of hope...I'm sure they'll be outta there too. The Hawks, the Blazers, the Bucks, the Magic...they should move too.

I know the Maloofs have the Vegas connection, but ARCO isn't THAT old, and the fans jam the place like nobody's business. And they've been doing that for years. I think the team holds the record for most consecutive sellouts in the NBA. I just don't see Kings leaving.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wow we have a genius on our hands here! :notworthy:

By your logic the Clippers should have moved out of L.A. years ago. Hell, the Lakers declined - should they move?  The Knicks don't have a hint of hope...I'm sure they'll be outta there too.  The Hawks, the Blazers, the Bucks, the Magic...they should move too. 

I know the Maloofs have the Vegas connection, but ARCO isn't THAT old, and the fans jam the place like nobody's business. And they've been doing that for years.  I think the team holds the record for most consecutive sellouts in the NBA. I just don't see Kings leaving.

Do I need to list all of my logic? There's many reasons to move the Kings and as the owners the Maloof's can do whatever the hell they want. History shows that teams need new arenas and that support to get the arenas or they end up moving.

Retired Number's To Come

Do I need to list all of my logic? There's many reasons to move the Kings and as the owners the Maloof's can do whatever the hell they want. History shows that teams need new arenas and that support to get the arenas or they end up moving.

You don't need to list all of your logic, but your second point for moving the team is that the Kings are in decline is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

And technically, the Maloofs can't do whatever they want. The league would have to approve the move...

You don't need to list all of your logic, but your second point for moving the team is that the Kings are in decline is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

That wasn't my second point but I guess I'll have to be more selective from here on out since you took it so seriously. :D

And technically, the Maloofs can't do whatever they want.  The league would have to approve the move...

No kidding the league would have to approve it but I can guarantee that if the Maloof's don't get the funding for a new arena and they still hint at a possible move the NBA wouldn't be against them moving to Las Vegas......espically with Stern being so high on the city.

Retired Number's To Come

No kidding the league would have to approve it but I can guarantee that if the Maloof's don't get the funding for a new arena and they still hint at a possible move the NBA wouldn't be against them moving to Las Vegas......espically with Stern being so high on the city.

Agreed...with one small caveat...I don't know if Stern wants to lose the city and the fans of Sacramento. That is a strong NBA market. If Maloofs do move the team to Vegas, my prediction would be an expansion team in Sacramento, a la Charlotte.

Agreed...with one small caveat...I don't know if Stern wants to lose the city and the fans of Sacramento. That is a strong NBA market. If Maloofs do move the team to Vegas, my prediction would be an expansion team in Sacramento, a la Charlotte.

Agreed.......but to get that new franchice they would that new arena.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived