New Marquette Nickname

Cujo

Here is the official MU ballot.  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Explorers. Voyagers is good too, but I have a feeling that the same folks who were against "Warriors" will be just as opposed to those names due to the connotation that it's glorifying the Europeans' subjugation of the North American indigenous population. I'm not saying whether this position is justified, just that this is what I would expect some reaction to be.

QUOTE (Sterling84 @ Wednesday, May 25th, 2005 - 14:33:53)

Hilltoppers is my other 50/50 fav for the sentimental reason. Although, as an article yesterday noted......they are currently removing Marquette's only hill for the new interchange.

Western Kentucky is the Hilltoppers. Why would they want the same name? In that case, why not just call yourselves the Marquette Buckeyes? Or how about the Marquette Fighting Irish or Crimson Tide?

I phrased that poorly.

It's not MY favorite in the sense that I want it. It's my favorite in like a handicapping sense. I can't see the public voting for anything beyond Eagles or Hilltoppers , both of which they've already had.

I hate the idea.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived