Boston Celtics concept

Starchild

As I mentioned in my 76ers post, I revisited an old concept from last year I came up with for the Celtics. Nothing monumental, I just tampered with the jerseys, keeping them classic but somewhat pushing them into a more modern look. Tough to find that balance, hopefully I at least came close to it with Baaaaaastan.

CelticsFinalConcept_Small.jpg

C&C, same drill.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Nice.

I think the shamrock alone (without Celtics around it) would work better for the mark below the collar on the back. And double outlines might be a little too drastic a change, where single outlines would bridge the traditional-contemporary gap better.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm liking these unis a lot. I like that "Boston" is used on the road jerseys, as well as the shamrock above the names.

Great work. A definite grade of A. :)

6uXNWAo.png

These are nice but the Celtics are one team that I'm against modifying. It's kind of like updating the Yankees uniforms, you just don't do it!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Y'know what, this might be the only way I would ever be fine with a Celtics refreshing if it looked something like this. I'd like to see the shamrock or the Celtic primary logo on the side panel of the shorts at the lower hem though. It looks like something needs to go there.

Well done.

mainescarf.png

Not TOO bad but I don't see any need for even this kind of change. I would like to see them use "Boston" more on the aways, maybe as an alternate. I don't think it needs the outlines though, or the side stripes. They went to the sans serif font in the late 60's or early 70's (to lazy to check when) and I wouldn't mind seeing the older font make a comeback.

They look a bit too much like the Magic, with a hint of old-school bucks thrown in. It's a solid design, no doubt, but it just seems a bit too similar to really work.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What the Celtics need...IMHO, is to retain tradition.

Having said that, I would not mind the 3-leaf clover on the back or sides if it could be incorporated some way into the overall design....

Kind of an NFL-Europe style huge graphic on one side with the numbers in opposite color (e.g., white jersey with huge green shamrock, with white numbers in the shamrock, or vice-versa for the road jerseys).

Celts don't need a lot of piping on the unis. Maybe a white band on the waist and at the knees., but that's all.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

The only change I'd make to the current Celtic uniform is to change the road jersey to "BOSTON." And c'mon Danny, the Celtics ALWAYS wear black sneakers. Seeing them in white shoes is like the Yankees in a pinstripeless white uniform. It's not them.

the best thing about these? NO BLACK!!

Awesome job. Even though I usually consider their jerseys as untouchable as the Yankees or Canadiens, I wouldn't mind them using these.

Archived