Bucks win Draft Lottery

TFoA

do I think Chris Paul will fall that low?  No.

Do I think he SHOULD?  yes.  He's really really streaky.  He'd score 38 one night...and 3 the next.

I get the same vibe from Bogut, he's got 'The Nest Shawn Bradley' written all over him.

Bogut is far more versatile than Bradley. Bradley came in and did nothing, I think you can expect a pretty good contribution from Bogut right away. You also forget that Bradley was a stick figure and a LDS missionary.........both things that Bogut is NOT. :D

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bogut is far more versatile than Bradley. Bradley came in and did nothing.

And so will Bogut. Mountain West opposition isn't like NBA opposition. He's better than NCAA, worse than NBA standard.

Bogut is far more versatile than Bradley.  Bradley came in and did nothing.

And so will Bogut. Mountain West opposition isn't like NBA opposition. He's better than NCAA, worse than NBA standard.

Dude, where do you come up with this crap? Bogut's an international star and he played really well in the NCAA tournament. He's no Yao Ming but he's really well rounded for a 7 footer and a lot of team's could benefit from his talents. Your argument doesn't really stand up to anything.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

There are good players that come out of the MWC. Shawn Marion and Andre Miller are certainly the two best, but it's not like the MWC is D-III pickup ball.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

as long as i've followed the Bucks, we've always needed a center.  Bogut's a no brainer to me.

I take it you were born after 1969? :)

83...so I missed that Kareem fella by virtue of not existing :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

as long as i've followed the Bucks, we've always needed a center.  Bogut's a no brainer to me.

I take it you were born after 1969? :)

83...so I missed that Kareem fella by virtue of not existing :D

I can't believe you forgot about Frank Brickowski. :P

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm sure Discrim meant they've always needed a center willing to play INSIDE the 3 point arc.

We've had the 7 ft vanilla goriallas like Lohaus, Sikma, big Mo, Randy Breuer (in addition to Brickowski) who all seem scarily adept at the 3-ball but terrified of playing the post.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Dude, where do you come up with this crap? Bogut's an international star and he played really well in the NCAA tournament. He's no Yao Ming but he's really well rounded for a 7 footer and a lot of team's could benefit from his talents. Your argument doesn't really stand up to anything.

I'm not exactly sure how you can say he played good in the tournament. He played UTEP, Oklahoma, and Kentucky -- he struggled against Oklahoma and Kentucky. So basically, he played good against UTEP -- which is like playing good against a Mountain West team.

Against Oklahoma, he managed just 10 points and had 3 turnovers -- that doesn't strike me as being efficient.

Against Kentucky he went 8-19 (not too terribly great for a big man) and an amazing 4-11 from the free throw line.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm not exactly sure how you can say he played good in the tournament. He played UTEP, Oklahoma, and Kentucky -- he struggled against Oklahoma and Kentucky. So basically, he played good against UTEP -- which is like playing good against a Mountain West team.

Against Oklahoma, he managed just 10 points and had 3 turnovers -- that doesn't strike me as being efficient.

Against Kentucky he went 8-19 (not too terribly great for a big man) and an amazing 4-11 from the free throw line.

So being the National Player Of The Year means absolutely nothing to you? If ESPN has you picked as the #1 pick right after the tournament then you're probably pretty damn good no matter what year it is. Who knows if Bogut will ever be an All-Star but he's a pretty good gamble to take.

Retired Number's To Come

No. It doesn't mean much to me at all, actually. National Player of the Year means he was the best college player -- the college game is different than the pro game. It's just like how some Heisman winners don't go on to be successful in the NFL.

I've seen nothing out of Bogut to suggest that he's athletic enough to be anything more than an average NBA Player.

IUe6Hvh.png

No. It doesn't mean much to me at all, actually. National Player of the Year means he was the best college player -- the college game is different than the pro game. It's just like how some Heisman winners don't go on to be successful in the NFL.

I've seen nothing out of Bogut to suggest that he's athletic enough to be anything more than an average NBA Player.

Usually the best college player has a pretty good chance at being pretty good. Like I said, there's no proof that he'll be an all-star but he has a pretty good chance to be one of the better big men in the league.

Retired Number's To Come

That's not true. Good at the college level doesn't always lead to good at the pro level.

I don't think you read my lost post in this thread before this one. :D

Retired Number's To Come

Archived