Rockets Concept

AAO

I like the uniforms, but everything else is "meh". The rockets look more like missiles shooting up from the maple leaf. And the font is too thin overall, it should be bolder (and the K more discernable from the H).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job man,

How about this?

The "leaf" shape is depicting some sort of blast or exhaust right? Well, except for the center spike, the blast isn't coming from the other four rockets...I think that is why it only serves to further the leaf interpretation.

maybe try turning the spikey blast shapes?

Also, I think the ball would read better ('specially from a distance) if it's panels where white instead of the outline.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

The jersey stripe should either be flipped and connect with the shorts, or the shorts stripe should be flipped and start at the bottom of the shorts. As it is, the discontinuity looks odd.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I like the concept, save for that feature of the striping.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I liked the 5 Rockets thing.

To me, that said "basketball team".

hey this guy got it. 5 rockets representing 5 players on the court, just like the 10 streaks in the Blazers' logo represents the 10 players on the court.

I got that. Just to see 5 "rocket shaped" objects together like that makes me think missles...not rockets.

I think it'd be better to use one rocket and use 5 points in the blast to represent a basketball team.

But what do I know? Nothing.

IMO the second draft, while it looks clunkier, is a LOT better than the first. I'd let the stripes go down, rather than connect at the middle like it does. But it looks fine as it is.

I like the new logo and wordmark. The uniforms are OK, although the current uniforms could work OK as well.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Definite move in right direction with second one!!! I don't know if your there yet though something just doesn't jive. Maybe its just me.

AAO your have made huge strides in the last year by the way keep up the awesome work!!!!

3 notworthy's just for that alone!!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

I think it looks great!!! like the 5 rocket idea , like the unis , I think im like the first shorts better than the second.... also think people are disecting it way too much...Look at the current ones c'mon better than the pajamas they used to wear but there is absolutly nothing to them, and i like simple but c'mon what does that "R" represent ????

Is it me, or are there more threads about Houston teams on here than anything else? Maybe its because I'm from Houston and I read them all, but it seems like at least once a week there's some sort of topic relating to a Houston team. Don't get me wrong, I think its great.

Oh by the way, the whole "Houston, we have a problem" thing is getting pretty old.

Besides that, great work on this concept. I actually like the current ones, but then again I did have to stare at the worst uniforms in sports history for seven years so anything would look great in contrast.

It looks cool!! Almost looks like the CCCP(read: Soviet Union) Old School design

with the red stars and the rockets formation almost looks like the Kremlin!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Archived