Rockets Concept

AAO

alright, white panels on the basketball, less maple leaf like blast off, thicker wordmarks, more distinguishable k, different uniforms:

HoustonRocketsConceptEdits.gif

for comparisons' sake:

HoustonRocketsConceptComplete.gif

the logo is much better than what they have, uniforms are a small improvement. Plus, that NBA Europe idea is awesome, i've often wondered what the NBA would look like if u and Starchild ruled...

Howard1.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few suggestions.

The circle around the rockets really encloses the logo, which is good in some circumstances, but in the case of rockets, containment doesn't seem appropriate. I think a lot of the logo's flow is lost as a result, but could be regained if you perhaps narrowed the circle around the top so that it opened for the uppermost 20 degrees.

Additionally, the wordmark, although definitely conveying a freedom and airiness that I'd like to see in the logo, is a little boxy. The letters are a little less readable than (for example) if the separation between the top and bottom portions of the R and K were made more distinct.

Well done AAO. This looks good, although I have to say, for being new agey and "out there," the Rockets' current threads really look good to me. Regardless, keep up the good work.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived