Charlottes ABA team has a name

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Conan didn't make it up.

Local underground rappers in Memphis were using it in the early to mid 90's.

Then OutKast put it on thier song Rosa Parks

"we the type of people make the club get crunk"

Lil John stole it and commercialized it.

Now he is wrongly credited with making it up.

flix_liljon.jpg

There's Lil Jon sporting the new uniforms and the official sports drink of the team: Crunk Juice. Now granted, the team is so cheap they misspelled the first letter, but Lil Jon says "Hey, our play on the court shall wonderfy and mystify all who see us so much, that they will overlook the spelling error on our garments. OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?"

XD XD XD OMG, dude, this is too freaking funny!!! I can't help but think of Dave Chapelle's impersonation every time I see this guy.

In all seriousness, though, what in the blazes is a Krunk? You'd think they'd come up with some sort of a better name instead of something like Krunk.

galaxy.png

ha! it does say Charlotte, NC and tryouts will be in Concord (northeast of CLT).

funny... i never heard anything about this, the Bobcats are brand new, pro NBA, they can't draw squat, and someone else wants to put another different basketball team here !?! doesn't make sense.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

OMG, that is horrible. It's good as a hip-hop catchphrase, NOT as a pro basketball nickname. Who's the mascot gonna be, Lil Jon?!

WHAAAAAT!!!

O.K.!!!

YEAAAAAH!!!

-Lil' Jon

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

flix_liljon.jpg

There's Lil Jon sporting the new uniforms and the official sports drink of the team: Crunk Juice. Now granted, the team is so cheap they misspelled the first letter, but Lil Jon says "Hey, our play on the court shall wonderfy and mystify all who see us so much, that they will overlook the spelling error on our garments. OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?"

XD XD XD OMG, dude, this is too freaking funny!!! I can't help but think of Dave Chapelle's impersonation every time I see this guy.

In all seriousness, though, what in the blazes is a Krunk? You'd think they'd come up with some sort of a better name instead of something like Krunk.

OMG!! where's the Pimp juice in that pic???---I guess CRUNK took over :P

Found a pic

Mr. Chappelle playin' Lil' Jon

lil_jon.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Members of 3-6 Mafia (from Memphis) were using that word in songs before anyone ever thought of putting Conan on television.

Which got me to thinking: Three 6 Mafia has been around since forever :blink:

This league is a joke. They have so many teams, they ran out of nicknames. They literally have 62 teams listed. Some have team name some don't.

Agreed! A soccer league can have 62 teams. Not a so called proffesinal basketball association. do you guys know that Dennis Rodman plays for the Long Beach Jam!

untitled-6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived