Sign in to follow this  
fiasco!

poster design

here's a poster i did for South Carolina's Governor's School (arts and humanities boarding school)

gov_school_poster.gif

the final printed size is 20 x 29 inches.

Not bad but I guess it'll do for music. ^_^ Where did you find your background photo?

I like this Joel. Looks refined and fits the target very nicely. The shadowing you have on the text sets it off and adds a little flair while still staying professional.

If I was the client, I'd be very pleased.

Not bad but I guess it'll do for music. ^_^ Where did you find your background photo?

the photo was from either istockphoto.com or sxc.hu, can't remember which.

for the other comment, "Not bad but I guess it'll do for music."....i have no clue what you mean by that.

if you think it's good, say it's good...if you don't like it, say so. i didn't post this so i would have to decipher any backhanded comments. that's what lamicus is for.

thanks, brokenrecord....i appreciate it.

The lower left looks like it might be hard to read with all the levels of screening going on. Is this only an issue on a monitor?

yeah....this is sized at 20%...actually reads very well at 20x29

Alrighty then.

Very nice poster, classy with a non-intrusive gradient. Seems very fitting for the client.

Not bad but I guess it'll do for music.  ^_^ Where did you find your background photo?

the photo was from either istockphoto.com or sxc.hu, can't remember which.

for the other comment, "Not bad but I guess it'll do for music."....i have no clue what you mean by that.

if you think it's good, say it's good...if you don't like it, say so. i didn't post this so i would have to decipher any backhanded comments. that's what lamicus is for.

thanks, brokenrecord....i appreciate it.

Nah, it looks good. Sorry for the confusion. I like it the more I look at it! B)

here's a poster i did for South Carolina's Governor's School (arts and humanities boarding school)

gov_school_poster.gif

the final printed size is 20 x 29 inches.

Cool, professional looking poster. I know that school, have seen a couple of plays there, and I definitely think this is right up their alley.