Illustrator Help

pcgd

Im still lost when i check out that site for illustator, all i really need help on is how to used the vector templates like how to colour them in , and how to used the shading effect over the numbers ( i think ), if anyone out their who got patients can ya help me out plz ?

4kv29i.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i got the templates now and all, but i still need to know some stuff :

1) is their a way to get rid of the white around logos when ya paste them onto illustator, or do u have to vetorize every logo you make ?

2) can you make a double outline onto numbers etc ?

4kv29i.jpg

If you have InDesign CS2, you can package a file into web format for GoLive CS2, but that's all I know of the science.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Is there a simple way to turn an Illustrator graphic into a webpage using ImageReady, etc? I figured out how to create slices in AI but can't figure out how to open them in ImageReady or Dreamweaver. Any help would be great.

thanks.

You can also create your slices, then use "Save for web". When it asks you the format in which you want to same, you can select HTML and images. This will generate a file called index.html, which will create tables to contain your images.

Tempest's idea could also work, although I didn't have a chance to work with InDesign and GoLive yet.

If you do know html, I encourage you to code your pages manually, because it is much easier to get clean code when you do it yourself (softwares tend to add stuff just for fun...).

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Most of the guys on this board are very talented using illustrator,one question, how long did it take you guys to get good at working with illustrator,how long did it take anyone who uses illustrator for that matter? :hockeysmiley:

practice, practice, practice.

it takes awhile, but it's totally worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
I have another question, this is probably stupid but how do you add water marks behind concepts?

Technically they're no longer watermarks if they're behind the rest of it.

However, you make background graphics the same way you do them in front, except you move them down the Layers list until it's last.

How do you make them at all, take the graphic you want and reduce the Transparency to 15-20%, depending on the colour it's made of.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 1 month later...

I'm having a bit of trouble arching text. I can get it to go one way, but not the other. I think I need to make the...umm...cap line?...be the direction in which I'm typing. Obviously my explanation's not helping...I'll show you:

It's a crappy drawing, but it gets my question across:

I an get it to go like it is on top, but not the bottom. When I try to do it that way, it types it upside-down, which is not how I want it. Does anyone know how to make it arch like that, but reading normally? Kind of like the old Penguins logo. Any help is appreciated.

Help.png

• 1 month later...

same with miter limit on path>offset path. the miter limit set a cutoff point to keep stry ends from flying all over the screen. no need w rounded offset paths or strokes w round ends.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

hey guys, is there a way to perform a live trace without messing up the appearance of the image? So that after you have done a live trace it looks exactly the same, but it is vectorized? Another question, say I have a logo in illustrator, is there a way to pull up its exact colors on illustrator?

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

no.

live trace will never make it exact. sometimes you'll get close, but rarely ever will it be exact.

as far as colors go, select the area in question, then check out the color pallette. if it shows a pantone, you're golden. if not, you'll get the cmyk or rgb values that the designer put in there.

Edited by joel_fiasco

as far as colors go, select the area in question, then check out the color pallette. if it shows a pantone, you're golden. if not, you'll get the cmyk or rgb values that the designer put in there.

What is the difference between that technique and using the eyedropper tool to pull the color out and then simply send that color to a swatch file?

PopHeading-1.gif

What is the difference between that technique and using the eyedropper tool to pull the color out and then simply send that color to a swatch file?

not much of a difference if you are using it for screen purposes only, huge difference if you need the pantone values for printing.