Illustrator Help

pcgd

Copy is ctrl-c and paste is ctrl-v. How do you arch text in cs2?

Type the text

(Right Click) Create Outlines to change the text to a shape.

Effect>Warp>Arch to create the Arch.

(Click on Preview and it will preview each change made in the Bend %)

Object>Expand Appearance to change it to an arched shape.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Copy is ctrl-c and paste is ctrl-v. How do you arch text in cs2?

Type the text

(Right Click) Create Outlines to change the text to a shape.

Effect>Warp>Arch to create the Arch.

(Click on Preview and it will preview each change made in the Bend %)

Object>Expand Appearance to change it to an arched shape.

ty very much, I wasn't sure how to do it without having it on a path.

Make sure your shape doesn't have any unjoined points. I've had that happen trying to align the stroke to the inside, and it was because there were two points on top of one another that the align stroke was disabled, and they weren't joined. (Select the points and Apple-J/Ctrl-J to join)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, I actually have the Education edition of Illy CS2. Are some options that are on the full version disabled on this version?

Far as I know it should have all the function of the full retail version.

correct

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

yes, choose export and there will be an option for what file extention you want to save as, choose .psd, then also be sure to check "write layers" in the next dialogue box that comes up.

Hey, I am having some problems converting the illustrator file to a PSD. If I send you the .ai file, could you keep the layer and convert it to psd and send it to me? Thanks

andysoccer12a.png

hey guys, quick question. In a post in the requset forum, MiltonandLumbergh(?) posted that it is really easy to remove vector files from adobe reader, how do i do that?

Not sure how to from reader, I use full Acrobat. But you can open PDF's with Illustrator and get them that way.

I know, but I am trying to get the .PSD versions of the jersey templates, and I keep getting either the .AI format or the PSD with only one layer. Could someone covert it to .PSD while keeping the layers?

And if the layers are not visible in AI, I think when you export, it takes those layers out automatically. So if you have some elements that can be turned on and off, keep them visible for exporting.

I know, but I am trying to get the .PSD versions of the jersey templates, and I keep getting either the .AI format or the PSD with only one layer. Could someone covert it to .PSD while keeping the layers?

And if the layers are not visible in AI, I think when you export, it takes those layers out automatically. So if you have some elements that can be turned on and off, keep them visible for exporting.

absolutely correct.