Illustrator Help

pcgd

Does any know where I can go to find Illustrator cheap? The disc that I dug up a little while back was no good and the program wouldn't load.

Or is anyone willing to sell and old version of Illustrator they don't need anymore?

I just fool around with making logos and stuff in my spare time so I'm not really looking to make the investment required to get the newest version.

If anyone is interested you can PM me or e-mail me at: undergrounddyer@yahoo.com

Thanks.

download inkscape instead. ive tried it. seems good for free.

• 1 month later...
I have a Illustrator question. How do I make text arc? I'm trying to a get the text to look similar to this.

Thanks.

Make a path in the shape you want the text to follow, then click on the T for Text Tool and hold it down.

This will open up other text tools.

Click on the one called Path Type Tool, which is a T on a downhill angle.

Click on the shape, then typoe the texy.

You can move the shape around once you've got the text on it to get it exactly right.

When you're happy with it, convert the text to Paths and you're done.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Something I haven't been able to figure out for whatever reason...

How do you make a gradient effect where it goes from being a solid color to transparent? Like a color fade effect.

I also want to put something behind it and want it to show as the color fades in front of it.

I have a Illustrator question. How do I make text arc? I'm trying to a get the text to look similar to this.

Thanks.

Make a path in the shape you want the text to follow, then click on the T for Text Tool and hold it down.

You can move the shape around once you've got the text on it to get it exactly right.

A method that works better for me is to type whatever you want, right click-click on create outlines, then go to effect->warp->arc

VmWIn6B.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have had Illustrator CS2 for a few months, but I still have been using Inkscape because I am more comfortable with it. I am now trying to learn Illustrator a little bit. I have already learned quite a bit, but I have a question. On Inkscape, when you scale something, the stroke size changes to stay in proportion with everything else, but on Illustrator the stroke stays the same while everything else gets smaller or larger. I am sure the answer is probably simple, but how do you make it so the stroke width will grow or shrink as everything else does?

MegatronSig2.jpg

I have had Illustrator CS2 for a few months, but I still have been using Inkscape because I am more comfortable with it. I am now trying to learn Illustrator a little bit. I have already learned quite a bit, but I have a question. On Inkscape, when you scale something, the stroke size changes to stay in proportion with everything else, but on Illustrator the stroke stays the same while everything else gets smaller or larger. I am sure the answer is probably simple, but how do you make it so the stroke width will grow or shrink as everything else does?

When you open the Scale box, under Options, there's a little check box for Scale Strokes & Effects.

Check it.

Then it will scale the stoke at the same ratio as everything else.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Thanks.

A method that works better for me is to type whatever you want, right click-click on create outlines, then go to effect->warp->arc

This method distorts the letters, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I have a problem.

I have my footy jumpers:

West-Coast-1.gif

And now I have this new template from Fraser (davidson from this forum):

Wills-game8.gif

What I want to know is how to warp my flat jumpers so they fall nicely onto the slightly off centre new template.

Or, in other words

Warp.gif

Just bumping this up so it doesn't get lost on the previous page.

Anyone know what sort of Warp distortion this needs?

Or do I have to re-draw everything?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Redrawing is an option. Of course you could take your jumpers and select them then place them over where you want them, and then unselect thme, (stay with me) then take your white arrow and select the jumper to see where your anchors are. Then you can adjust those and add other points/anchors and make your adjustments that way.

Redrawing is an option. Of course you could take your jumpers and select them then place them over where you want them, and then unselect thme, (stay with me) then take your white arrow and select the jumper to see where your anchors are. Then you can adjust those and add other points/anchors and make your adjustments that way.

This is basically what I've done, and I think it worked out reasonably well.

I actually took this idea, and Distorted the jumper to the shape of the 3D version using the Free Distort tool.

Then, I did the same on each part of the design, as neccessary. Sometimes they needed to be rotated slightly.

I still had to play with it a little, but at least that gives it a little perspective.

Wills-Game3.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 2 weeks later...
How do i make the college sticker in illustrator? I want to use it for something else (lol obviously) but i can't seem to remember how to do this...

Cap-1.jpg

NVM

I figured it out...i should probably try to sleep rather than work 24 straight hours on stuff.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions