Illustrator Help

pcgd

Ok another problem, related to the multi page pdf one:

This might be a real beginner question (although a beginner is exactly what i am) but can you crop the document so nothing "spills over" the artboard, and if so how? At the minute ive got two documents where paths and images extend over the edge of the artboard, which is fine as they were to be exported as pdfs.

However, I now need the final format to be a two page pdf (thanks to MEANS for the help) which means when placed side by side, elements from one page overlap the other. I've tried some online tutorials, but they either didnt work on images or simply hid everything outside the artboard, which is no good because the right side of the first page and the left side of the second page still overlap.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I promise this is the last one.

I'm printing a document to PDF, the document is CMYK. The colours do not change when I open the exported PDF, yet when I send to document to the guys who are going to print it they tell me it's in RGB and needs to be converted. Would they be refering to the colours themselves or the settings of the PDF? Am I missing something when I export the file?

There are raster images, but the colours used are all CMYK. The impression I got was that it was something to do with the actual PDF file and the format used to save it. That said, I have no idea where you go out finding if a PDF is CMYK. The Illustrator document is CMYK, I can't convert the colours to CMYK because they already are. And there is no change in colours between the .ai file and the finished PDF. I see no point in trying to convert to different colours while printing to pdf, because... THEY ARE ALEADY CMYK!

Sorry for the shouting, this has been driving me insane for a few days now.

Alright this may be a newbie question, but I've seen not to figure out the gradient option yet.

I have trouble using the gradient tool, to pick out custom colours for example, when I use it the gradient it goes to default colour, and I want to you use the colours that I choose or a costume colour ( sorry if no one understands that ).

I was woundering if anyone can help me out, because I am lost lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Alright this may be a newbie question, but I've seen not to figure out the gradient option yet.

I have trouble using the gradient tool, to pick out custom colours for example, when I use it the gradient it goes to default colour, and I want to you use the colours that I choose or a costume colour ( sorry if no one understands that ).

To change the colors for your gradient, drag whatever swatch you want to the little swatches on the gradients layer/palette. For example, if you want one end to be orange, drag the orange swatch to the black or white swatch in the gradient palette. Does this make sense?

Then, to apply a direction, choose the gradient tool from the toolbar, and you select the shape, then drag up or down, depending which way you want it to go.

Hopefully this helps.

To change the colors for your gradient, drag whatever swatch you want to the little swatches on the gradients layer/palette. For example, if you want one end to be orange, drag the orange swatch to the black or white swatch in the gradient palette. Does this make sense?

Then, to apply a direction, choose the gradient tool from the toolbar, and you select the shape, then drag up or down, depending which way you want it to go.

Hopefully this helps.

Oh that worked never thought of doing that lol.

Thanx you very much, it helped out.

4kv29i.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Make a second circle the same circumference as the top of the letters on top. Then type what you want on that. Now here's the key trick. Take the white arrow tool and click on the I-beam and drag it towards the center of the circle.

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to make a uniform for a fictional sports team and I want to layer the numbers so it looks like an outline. But when I stretch the number from a copy of its self the new number dimension don't fit inside or outside the old number. Does any one have help on overlapping numbers. I am using CS3.

Romans 5:8

NikoLazar.com

First select the numbers with the selection tool, then right click on it and select "Create Outlines". Now keep the paths selected and go to Object>Path>Offset Path. Now pick how thick you want the outline to be by adjusting the "offset". Miter, bevel, and round changes whether the edges of the offset path are sharp, squared off, or rounded, and the miter limit changes how long and sharp the offset path would be: a good tip is to leave it fairly low around 4 or 5 so you don't have crazy pointy edges all over the place.

time and patience?

those are typically generated by an AutoCAD type program that can export *.dxf (and possibly *.pdfs) you could import into illy based off the actual architectural plans/drawings.

otherwise, it's not hard to recreate this look with a base layer as a template for what you want to achieve, and just taking the time to rebuild it.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

It's really not hard to do a stadium in illustrator -- it just takes forever. I made one for a project last semester, although it wasn't quite as detailed as these. I made more of the seating chart you'd see in a pocket schedule, rather than showing each individual seat. The best advice IC an give you is that the pathfinder tool is your friend in these types of things. I live by that thing.

I don't think a basic design like this would be all that hard. If you know how to layer properly and use clipping paths, it shouldn't be that hard to do. The easiest way to do it would be to do the seats on one layer and then do the walkways tunnels above it.