Illustrator Help

pcgd

This is how I add logos to jerseys:

Start out by getting your logo and jersey you want to put it on:

Picture1.png

Copy the base of the jersey and place the logo over wherever you want it.

Picture2.png

Select it all then click "Divide" in the pathfinder window. It turns all the divided paths into a group. Ungroup it all.

Picture3.png

If you zoom in you see it divided all the paths wherever the logo overlaps the jersey.

Picture4.png

Delete all the stuff besides the overlapping space, aka what's selected in the last photo and the jersey base. You end up with this:

Picture5.png

I usually group the remnants of the original logo so it's easier to work with. Then drag 'em over on top of the jersey and place 'em. It helps to zoom in a good amount to make sure it lines up seamlessly.

Picture8.png

Tada, perfectly placed logos.

Picture9.png

Prolly not the "correct" way to do it, but you don't have to mess with layers or anything so it's pretty easy to do.

scottys, you can (in step 3) move the jersey to the front, then create mask object>clipping mask>make (or [Ctrl+7] ). that way you do not damage/destroy/alter the original logo. masks are not tricky at all.

another easy way is to (in step 1 with logos placed correctly), just select the jersey, paste copy to front, then select logos, make mask. this way to don't have to move/line up since it never moves.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Question:

How do you fit text across a certain area? Like a newspaper usually does, for example.

Let's say I wanted

CAROLINA

MUSICAL

ASSOCIATES

ACCOUNTS

but all square with each other and centered...but not "centered" in the normal sense like from a mid-point. there would be precise spacing in between each letter to fit the longest word I assume, but I have never needed to use it nor have I found it.

get my drift?

Question:

How do you fit text across a certain area? Like a newspaper usually does, for example.

Let's say I wanted

CAROLINA

MUSICAL

ASSOCIATES

ACCOUNTS

but all square with each other and centered...but not "centered" in the normal sense like from a mid-point. there would be precise spacing in between each letter to fit the longest word I assume, but I have never needed to use it nor have I found it.

get my drift?

You could do 'Create outline' for the whole text, align the first letter of each row left, the last letter of each row right, and then distributing all the other letters per line.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Question:

Let's say I wanted

CAROLINA

MUSICAL

ASSOCIATES

ACCOUNTS

get my drift?

You could do 'Create outline' for the whole text, align the first letter of each row left, the last letter of each row right, and then distributing all the other letters per line.

Yeah, that is the long way of doing it I suppose...and I have used that technique before when doing something similar, but I figured there must be a much easier way and I know fiasco is right- I just can't get it to work for some reason.

Yeah, that is the long way of doing it I suppose...and I have used that technique before when doing something similar, but I figured there must be a much easier way and I know fiasco is right- I just can't get it to work for some reason.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe you would need to have more than one word per line to get the 'Justify All Lines' to work properly. I just can't test it right now...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Question:

Let's say I wanted

CAROLINA

MUSICAL

ASSOCIATES

ACCOUNTS

get my drift?

I don't think it works if you hit enter after each word. If you create a text box then fill in the copy with only a space between each word, it should work.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Question:

Let's say I wanted

CAROLINA

MUSICAL

ASSOCIATES

ACCOUNTS

get my drift?

I don't think it works if you hit enter after each word. If you create a text box then fill in the copy with only a space between each word, it should work.

Bingo! That's what I assumed would be done.

correct, use a text box placeholder (drag text tool icon), type text (use enter/returns for next line) and then "justify all lines", voila!

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

For some reason my fonts don't show up in the type menu. I have to always left click to choose my font. Anyone know anything about this type of problem?

I have the same issue on my home computer. On my laptop, I don't have that problem at all and it is VERY frustrating on the home PC...because I can't just click text and then arrow down through the fonts as they quickly change because nothing is listed. I thought I just might have done a bad install or something.

I would suggest downloading a font management app. Linotype's Font Explorer X is free and freakishly awesome. It also includes auto-activate plugins for most professional design software, including Photoshop and Illustrator. I don't know where I would be without this app.

Linotype Font Explorer X

I would suggest downloading a font management app. Linotype's Font Explorer X is free and freakishly awesome. It also includes auto-activate plugins for most professional design software, including Photoshop and Illustrator. I don't know where I would be without this app.

Linotype Font Explorer X

I'm glad to see they finally made a PC version of the software. I'll be downloading it tonight for sure.